Providence Foundations of Oregon is seeking a Grants Officer to join their regional grants team. This is a full-time, benefited position.
The position will be based in Portland (Lloyd District) and work with Providence partners around the state in seeking private grants. The Grants Officer will be responsible for managing and building relationships with donors and developing and writing grant proposals. Additionally, the Grants Officer will focus on tracking deliverables and coordinating reports to funders, managing a team calendar of projects and deadlines, and prospecting for new grant funding opportunities.
In this position, you will:
• Work closely with the Grants Director in guiding the team towards annual goals spanning from $1M - $1.5M, with designs for growth.
• Manage relations with 20 donors and prospects of a certain giving tier (likely $25K or less, with some exceptions)
• Conduct general grant-seeking, grant writing,and grant reporting activities, producing 30 written appeals per year.
• Coordinate grant approval process and post-award compliance. Ensure timelines are met.
• Act as a liaison to community organizations,government agencies, and Providence teams involved with the development and administration of projects and proposals.
• Maintain a calendar of 60 grants/reports on an annual basis.
• Guide teammates and program staff in meeting deadlines; create structure that offers timelines for information collection and work output.
• Collaborate with internal teams and departments to manage narratives and award reporting; coordinate completion of reporting.
• Structure a prospect research process built around different needs within Providence.
• Identify and qualify new grant opportunities through exploration directly with funders and / or through collaboration with internal teammates or connectors.
Required qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor's degree
• Demonstrated experience and success in program development and grant writing for health care applications
• Knowledge of regional philanthropic community and of national funding processes
• Formal skills in use of word processing and spreadsheet software
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
• Experience in communicating with diverse constituencies (i.e. physicians,administrators, other health care professionals)
• 3 years of grant writing experience.
• Knowledge of the process of prospect research.
• Track record of successful grants management.
• Flexible and patient when managing larger scale projects/processes.
• Experience collaborating with an array of internal/external stakeholders in a fundraising environment.
• Interest in healthcare and curiosity to learn a myriad of themes within the field.
Please submit a resume with cover letter with your application.
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Answer the call. Providenceiscalling.jobs
When applying online, please reference job number 204101.
Providence Health & Services is an equal opportunity employer who provides competitive benefits, a drug-free workplace and supports work/life balance.