In 2019, we will open the doors to our brand new Ronald McDonald House at the OHSU Gary and Christine Rood Family Pavilion! We will welcome Doernbecher patients and their families to our gorgeous new 25,000 square foot home with an expansive roof top garden, outdoor playground, and plentiful community spaces where we will offer our special brand of compassionate hospitality to families of seriously ill children.
We are seeking an All Star to help Support our Expanding Services to Families at Our new House!
Ronald McDonald Charities of Oregon and Southwest Washington (RMHC Oregon) is seeking a passionate, hardworking, organized and fun Guest Services Coordinator to work with our team to coordinate guest arrival, manage registration activities, and serve as the direct contact and support for all guest families during their stay. This position models our values and compassionate hospitality principles, reinforcing a culture of exemplary service.
This is a full-time position, working Monday – Thursday, 1:30p, – 12:00am with some weekend and off hours as necessary. The starting pay is $15.62/ hour. Spanish speaking is preferred, and includes an additional $1.00/hour differential for bilingual staff.
- You are a people person that is welcoming and compassionate with a knack for putting others at ease. You are happy to lend a listening ear while ensuring that our home like environment is safe, calm and comfortable for all.
- You would like to work with a team of like-minded people to make a real difference in the lives of our guests who are experiencing trauma.
- You are efficient and you love the satisfaction that comes when things run smoothly. At the same time you can think on your feet, adapt, and find new ways to make our guests’ experience better.
- You are looking to work with our amazing Oregon team and for an organization that was voted on of Oregon’s Top 100 nonprofits to work for in Oregon.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Oregon and SW Washington provides a "home away from home" for families with seriously ill children, and supports initiatives to improve pediatric health.
- Our independent statewide chapter is 34 years old and in 2019 will be operating four Ronald McDonald Houses where 79 pediatric patients and their families will stay for free and supported by specialized programs and care. For more information on our mission, history and programs, please visit www.RMHCOregon.org
- Join our passionate, fun-loving team as we strive together to provide a much-needed service to families from all over the world who come stay at our houses.
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including generous paid time off, flexible schedules, sabbatical program, paid time to volunteer in the community, and employer retirement contribution through an IRA.
- In 2018, we were inducted into the Hall of Fame for being a Top 100 nonprofit to work for 10 years in a row!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities•
- Coordinate room assignments with the Family Placement Coordinator.
- Manage guest registration process: check in/check out, house tours, and access to their rooms.
- Serve as a resource for families for navigating transportation, neighborhood services, and family activities in the community.
- Provide on-site support for all programs and activities, in collaboration with the volunteer coordinators.
- Demonstrate commitment to compassionate hospitality principles with each family interaction and create a comfortable environment that encourages family cooperation and a home-like environment.
- Ensure a warm and welcome greeting to all families.
- Provide daily oversight of front desk volunteers.
- Assure adherence to policies and processes that maintain the well-being of staff, volunteers and guests.
- Elevate issues and problems to the Guest Services Manager and/or Guest Services Director.
- Maintain proficiency in guest registration and guest management software systems.
- Serve, at a minimum, two days per month “on call”. Available by cell-phone.
- Provide oversight and support guests using kitchen, teen room, family room and living room spaces.
- Ability to work Holidays as needed.
- Enthusiastic with excellent customer service skills
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality
- Excellent listening skills
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic computer proficiency, including email, Word and Excel, and database management
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred
Some oversight of volunteers only.
High School diploma required; some college level coursework preferred
Most work is conducted in an office environment. Attendance at events may be indoors or outdoors, possibly in hot or wet weather. In conjunction with certain events, employee may be required to lift packages (up to approximately 30 pounds) and stand for long periods of time. Must have access to a vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to pdxgsc(at)rmhcoregon.org, attention: Eric Brown.
The Ronald McDonald House Charities of Oregon and SW Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply for positions regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected status.