This position is responsible for organizing events and visits for the Admissions and Enrollment Management Division, supporting initiatives and communication activities of the Office of Admissions and monitoring the prospect customer relationship management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Communications and Recruitment:
- Manage and coordinate recruitment communication and events calendar/tactical plan.
- Assist in coordinating recruiting schedules for nationwide and international events.
- Responsible for event registration and associated logistics.
- Create special communications and invitations.
- Responsible for updating Admissions webpage & monitoring NUNM presence on external webpages.
- Mailings to prospective students.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Prospect Data Management:
- Monitor prospect process flow through the CRM in coordination with the Director of Admissions and Recruitment and admissions team to enhance the process.
- Oversee prospective student data entry with a high level of accuracy.
- Produce reports, both routine and special, on prospective students using the CRM/Radius or other software.
Visits & Events which may include evening and weekend assignments:
- Coordinate individual and group campus visits for prospective students and their guests or institutions.
- Lead campus tours.
- Work with Recruitment & Admissions Coordinator and the Enrollment Management Division to implement events. (e.g. Interview Days, Exploration Days, Q&As, etc.)
- Utilize the recruitment events calendar/tactical plan to create events in CRM/ Radius and upload to website.
- Coordinate and manage the student ambassador program and confirm students for panels, events, class observations, etc.
- Plan Q&A sessions and other recruitment events with the admission counselors or other individuals recruiting on our behalf.
Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of experience in admissions and/or higher education preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with marketing communication channels such as email, web, traditional print, and social media to accomplish communication/marketing goals.
- Sophisticated skill in building interpersonal relationships; relates well to all kinds of people, listens, builds effective relationships, uses diplomacy and tact.
- Ability to manage the work of a group, solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to organize people and activities.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as with a team.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong technical and problem- solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize, and work well under pressure.
- Extremely organized.
- Ability to asses and report out project outcomes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Knowledge of Adobe, Prezi, PowerPoint, and/or other communication and presentation tools/software preferred.