The Callback/Resulting RN supports the Covid-19 response in providing timely, comprehensive, professional, data-driven and patient centered resulting and public health education for clients receiving Covid-19 tests through Medical Teams’ testing clinics.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
- Provide timely patient resulting callbacks as assigned.
- Together with the Reporting Team Clinic Manager, ensure that all patients with a positive test result are phoned within 2-4 hours of result registering in Atlas.
- Together with Reporting Team Clinic Manager, ensure that all results are entered into callback spreadsheets in a timely manner & that spreadsheet is updated and maintained.
- Support the Reporting Team Clinic Manager to provide training and guidance for resulting team to ensure that all team members are equipped to provide patient resulting and are equipped to respond to patient inquires as they relate to Covid-19.
- Support the Reporting Team Clinic Manager to provide up to date public health education, instructions regarding I&Q and community resources as able for all clients.
- Manage and respond to all clinical questions and concerns that cannot be addressed by non-clinical members of the reporting team as assigned by team manager.
- Notify team manager of any concerns or questions that require escalation or further support.
- Monitor HIPAA compliance, ensuring that all patient health information is protected during resulting and callbacks.
- Use a patient-centered approach to offer compassionate, holistic, trauma-informed care for all clients whom you interact.
- Support the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Assist with data collection, analysis, and management as assigned.
- Serve as surge support for Covid-19 testing teams if needs arise.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Registered Nurse with active nursing license in Oregon and Washington State.
- Up to date BLS Certification.
- Minimum of 1 year working as a Registered Nurse.
- Experience in Public Health or Community Health Nursing.
- Experience in a management role, preferably in a clinical setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
- Very knowledgeable of COVID-19, disease identification, treatment, management, procedures for Isolation and & Quarantine and CDC guidelines and recommendations.
- Moderately skilled with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel software.
- Must be able to build out databases/spreadsheets in excel, sort, apply filters and perform basic data analysis.
- Skilled at CRM database not required but preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and with empathy.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to uphold and exemplify the organization’s core values.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner to donors, volunteers, and the public.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to maintain flexible work hours, which include working some evenings and weekends.
- Able to travel to remote or urban Covid-19 testing locations to offer surge support up to 20% of time.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
Tools and Equipment Used:
- May require frequent use of personal computer, including word processing, database programs; calculator, telephone, copy machine, and fax machine.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands, and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.