The Skills Trainer provides skills training to adults ages 18 and older who are experiencing mental health symptoms and behavioral concerns in an outpatient, community based, or home visit settings. Provides appropriate case management with families, care providers, and community partners relating to treatment options.
Location: This position is based out of LifeWorks NW's Rockwood site.
Pay: $23.45 starting hourly pay plus, Full benefits
- Conducts individual, family, parenting, and group skills trainings sessions based on current evidenced based practices e.g. collaborative problem solving, cognitive behavioral interventions, and solution focused therapy.
- Responsible for case management. Coordinates/collaborates with physicians, staff, families, caregivers, hospitals, and community partners to address concerns and collaborate with AOP team members to best identify and provide support for client and client's family.
- Provides evidence-based interventions based on clients' interests, culture, abilities, strengths, and needs, according to the individual service and support plan.
- May act as client advocate to coordinate required services or to obtain information regarding emergency /crisis situations and relate information to appropriate team members.
- Collects supplementary information needed to assist client, such as medical records, legal documents, or school reports.
- Uses program outcome measures as assigned.
- Maintains awareness of community resources and helps clients and their families to access these resources.
- May provide training to staff, caregivers, and family regarding issues of mental health, addiction and behavior management as it relates to clients.
- Maintains chart notes related to external contracts, obtains pertinent records from other treatment and track client's involvement, follow-through and progress in treatment activities. Documents and maintains client records to ensure compliance with agency and contract guidelines and confidentiality within specified timelines. Completes documentation in electronic health record system.
- May travel between sites or in the community. May be required to transport clients in a personal vehicle and/or LifeWorks vehicle.
- This position requires a valid and active QMHA credential certification through MHACBO.
- Bachelor's degree in areas of Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or a mental health related field OR a minimum of 3 years of prior experience working with the related population in the counseling field.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; understand mental health assessments, treatment and service terminology, case management, confidentiality, and individual, group, family and other counseling techniques; program policies and procedures for services and supports identified in an Individual Services and Supports Plan.
- Previous experience in broad range of interventions and mental health skills training specific to adults.
- Knowledge of community resources and treatment agencies enabling appropriate referrals for specific client needs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system required.
- Requires access to a car, a valid driver's license, proof of current automobile insurance coverage and verification of safe driving record from DMV.
LifeWorks NW is a private, non-profit organization providing prevention, mental health, substance use treatment, and related social services to youths, adults, and older adults in over fifteen locations throughout Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. LifeWorks NW promotes a healthy community by providing quality and culturally responsive mental health and addiction services across the lifespan.
Our core values-Recovery and Relationships, Resilience, and Results-inform the work we do. The four pillars of the strategic vision include Compassionate, Impactful Care, Holistic Health, Passionate Team, and Thriving Organization. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are critical to successfully achieving the mission. We know that "life works" when people get the help they need and are dedicated to changing lives.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09