Job Location: Prism Health - Portland, OR
Salary Range: $72,325.00
Cascade AIDS Project and Prism Health are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.
People of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Prism Health is the only nonprofit LGBTQIA+ health center providing comprehensive primary care, behavioral healthcare, and pharmacy services in the Pacific Northwest (Oregon, Washington, and Idaho). Since opening its doors in 2017, Prism Health has become a model for culturally specific care and now serves over 1,500 patients with a wide range of services, from day-to-day primary care and pharmacy needs to targeted services like gender-affirming care and specialized population health screenings. Prism Health is part of Cascade AIDS Project (CAP NW), the oldest and largest service provider in the Pacific Northwest for people living with HIV/AIDS. Learn more about us at www.capnw.org and www.prismhealth.org.
Prism Health is excited to announce that we are currently hiring an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to provide comprehensive medical care to patients at our LGBTQ+ primary health care center. The RN works autonomously and in collaboration with a variety of staff to diagnose and manage patients' healthcare. Participation in the development, expansion, and maintenance of Prism's program is expected. The RN is integral to ensuring the very best healthcare for all patients. This is achieved through participation in Prism Health’s quality improvement (QI) work and includes helping address workflow opportunities, monitoring and assessing for best clinical practices, providing mentoring and support to clinical and non-clinical support staff, improving patient care and improved health outcomes through collaboration with providers, and other duties as required to ensure Prism's success. The RN must be compassionate, self-confident, analytical, personable, and calm under pressure.
Responsibilities include administration of medications, administration of vaccinations, and rendering treatment to patients. Communicating with providers, support staff, and other medical professionals. Collaborate with clinicians to create a plan of care for each patient, consider the patient's age and his/her/their emotional stability when determining appropriate treatment. Create and contribute to patients' medical records as needed, respond to MyChart/EHR inquiries, rooming patients as needed, addressing concerns and complaints from patients and/or their parents or guardians for patients under the age of 18 in person, and through the use of MyChart. Performing nurse and lab visits, including phlebotomy. Tracking and maintaining medical supply inventory along with other staff members. Counseling patients and family members before, during, and after treatment. Patient triage, health maintenance, specialty/hospital/urgent care visit charting, record keeping, and other tasks requested by the medical director.
NOTE: This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) position that reports to the Clinical Nurse Manager. This individual will work at Prism Health in SE Portland. Travel throughout the county and evening and weekend work are occasionally required and participate in the on-call rotation. This is a non-management, exempt position.
COMPENSATION: $72,325 annually (Exempt)
CAP is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
Any non-temporary full-time or part-time employee (working .5FTE or greater) is considered eligible for the benefits below:
Vacation + Leave + Other
- 16 days of paid vacation (128 hours) each year for the first two years of employment
- 21 days of paid vacation (168 hours) each year of employment beginning in year three
- 12 days of paid health leave per year
- 12.4 paid holidays per year
- Longevity bonus – two weeks of paid leave on the fourth anniversary, must be used within two years after the date awarded. Additional longevity bonuses are awarded at eight-year and 12-year anniversaries
- Continue Education Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Pre-Tax Transportation Program
- 401(k) Plan – CAP matches employee contributions up to 3% of salary, this benefit includes on-call and per diem staff
- Flexible Spending Account to set aside employee pre-tax dollars for unreimbursed medical and dependent expenses.
- Medical and vision insurance – premiums fully paid by CAP for employee (Kaiser Permanente)
- Dental insurance – premiums fully paid by CAP for employee (Lincoln or Willamette Dental)
- Voluntary supplemental vision insurance (Lincoln)
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
Life Insurance + Disability + Family Leave
- Life Insurance ($100,000) and AD&D insurance – premiums fully paid by CAP for the employee (Mutual of Omaha)
- Long term disability insurance (Mutual of Omaha)
- Short term disability insurance (Mutual of Omaha)
Loan Forgiveness Programs – Employees are eligible to apply to the following programs
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Oregon Health Care Provider Loan Repayment Program (licensed and unlicensed providers)
- Scholars for a Healthy Oregon Initiative (SHOI) Program
- 3+ years nursing experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- Basic Life Support card
- Valid nursing license
- Advanced knowledge of EMRs
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to fill in when needed
- Excellent bedside manner and communication skills
- Ability to explain treatments and conditions to patients of all ages and diverse populations
- Working knowledge of health care laws and regulations
- Successful experience working with ethnic, racial, economic and sexually diverse populations and strong understanding of issues relevant to PLWHA, gay/bisexual/queer men, transgender individuals, the larger LBGTQ+ community, and how those issues affect or influence service delivery.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing equity and inclusion in workplace or community settings
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues in a professional environment to best serve the needs of a client/patient
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels and professional relationships, including interpersonal solid communication ability.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) and working knowledge of the internet
- Ability to work independently with accountability and exercise sound judgment, discretion, and professionalism at all times
- Experience working in human/social services, preferably in a clinical setting
- Lived experience of systemic oppression and non-dominant cultures. From Black, Indigenous, and other people of color; transgender, non-binary, and other LGBTQ+ people; and people with disabilities, including HIV
- Knowledge of community resources in the Portland metro, including Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas counties
- Experience working with Epic (EHR)
Prism Health cares about the safety of our team members and clients. All new employees are required to provide proof of vaccination status to HR at the time of hire (unless a documented medical or religious exemption is requested and approved). Employees not subject to a state or federal vaccine mandate will be required to undergo regular testing for COVID-19 at no cost to the employee.