Open Until Filled
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.
Central City Concern is seeking a Senior Accountant!!
Summary: The Senior Accountant plays a vital role at Central City Concern, supporting accounting and finance leadership in performing key accounting functions, maintaining accounting records and internal controls, and supporting financial reporting. Engages operations in providing key financial and budget information and providing insight to assist in sound and timely decision making.
1. Analyze financial data and accounts, perform reconciliations, and prepare journal entries.
2. Manage and review journal entries and ensure proper coding in support of monthly closings.
3. Perform audits on balance sheet accounts to ensure accuracy.
4. Enter financial data such as accruals, deferrals, reclassifications, and interdepartmental entries into the ledger on a monthly basis, as well as prepare reports.
5. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
6. Act as Accounting liaison for assigned program leadership.
7. Reconcile accounts with the general ledger.
8. Gather supporting documentation to support general entries.
9. Support and assist with preparation of annual budgets and related analysis during the year, including contract and grant budgets.
10. Engage with operating leaders as needed to: a. Understand financial reporting and budget to actual variances b. Complete accounting support tasks accurately and efficiently including, but not limited to, completing employment status change forms, invoice coding and approval, credit card transactions, client related expenses, petty cash documentation and any other processes identified by program or accounting staff.
11. Prepare monthly financial reporting dashboards and review with program leadership teams.
12. Review and approve bank account reconciliations.
13. Maintain fixed asset database and reconcile monthly to the general ledger.
14. Responsible for booking asset additions and disposals when appropriate, as well as monthly depreciation and amortization.
15. Work with accounting and program staff to determine when to place new projects into service.
16. Maintain and update the schedule of capital leases and prepare quarterly journal entries to account for interest payments.
17. Prepare annual review of new leases and create related journal entries.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Minimum of five years of relevant accounting experience.
3. Knowledge of applicable accounting methods, standards and practices including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
4. Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office with advanced competency in Excel.
5. Non-profit experience a plus, but not required.
7. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
- 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.