Community Vision is seeking to hire people for full-time Direct Support Companions (often referred to as Direct Support Professionals).
Wage & Employment Info:
- $17.50 - $18.50 per hour, depending on skills required for role (not based on experience).
- $250 hiring bonus in first pay check.
- $1000 retention bonus after 3 months of successful work. (time-limited opportunity!)
- $500 Employee referral bonus.
At Community Vision:
- You will only support one person at a time. Our focus is on highly individualized, person-centered supports. You’ll never be responsible for supporting multiple people at one time.
- The individuals we support are in charge. Person-centered services may take longer or require more resources, but we do not make decisions that overpower an individual’s right to direct their own life.
Key aspects of the role:
- Assist individuals to make choices and grow their relationships in the community.
- Assist individual with activities of daily living (Dressing, Grooming, Bathing, Eating).
- Support individual with household maintenance (Cleaning, Meal Planning, Meal Preparation).
- Administer medications and treatments.
- Assist individual to plan and get out into the community.
- Support the individual during emergency situations.
- Complete all appropriate documentation to verify work activities.
Benefits - 100% Employer Paid (eligibility requirements may apply):
- Kaiser Permanente medical
- MetLife dental
- KP Vision
- KP Alternative care (chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, etc.)
- Flex spending medical/dependent care pre-taxed benefits
- Costco Membership
- Transportation benefits
- PTO (100 hours within first year)
- 1.5x pay for any worked holidays
- 401k (4% employer matched)
- Long-term Disability and Life Insurance ($50k plan)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Travel Assistance Program
- Financial/legal planning services
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Basic computer skills including the ability to document electronically.
- Ability to push, pull, or lift up to 50 lbs.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to complete and maintain CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Ability to pass a criminal history check through Oregon Department of Human Services and not be on the OIG list of excluded individuals.
- Comfortable assisting individuals with hygiene supports and providing personal care.
- Ability to travel to various locations in the Portland metropolitan area.
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19 and show proof of status within 3 days of employment, or have an approved medical or religious exemption.
All hiring decisions are made by the Supported Individual because personal choice is the most important voice in the process.
Community Vision deeply values diversity and strives to provide an inclusive workplace. This begins with equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Everyone who believes they are qualified for the position are encouraged to apply.