IT Business Systems Analyst
OCP, a faith-based music publisher and intellectual property rights management company, has an immediate opening for an experienced Business Systems Analyst. The IT Business Systems Analyst position takes the lead in identifying technology solutions that support the programs at OCP. The BSA works closely with business, IT partners, and vendors to execute new solutions and policies. This BSA will solicit, understand, and document our customer’s business requirements, processes and workflows developing written requirements and process flows. This position consults with the different departments of OCP regarding current and new technology capabilities relevant to functional areas of OCP and to develop and improve business processes, support workflow and improve efficiencies.
The BSA provides expert-level leadership in the areas of business process modeling, technical requirement, software development, integrated systems, and project management. This position works in coordination with Online Development, Core Systems, Operations and IT management to assure that the solutions designed and built meet business objectives and are technically sound. The position is also responsible for coordinating events and activities with business stakeholders and technical personnel to facilitate identification and documentation of business requirements, as well as for implementation of solutions. OCP’s Core Business Systems department is looking for a motivated, pro-active person with excellent collaboration, communication, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills to join their team of developers and analysts.
• Receives and evaluates all incoming project requests for information technology and acts as the primary customer interface for evaluation of those requests.
• Provides project management for assigned projects including deliverables, documentation of solution requirements, specifications and needs assessments.
• Develop and maintain understanding of customer workflows and business needs to support.
• Organizes, leads, and participates in work sessions and follow-up activities to support the gathering and documentation of solution requirements as needed.
• Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.
• Provides oversight with design specifications, workflows, needs requirements gathering and technical deliverables of projects managed by other team members.
• Serve as a liaison between IT Development, outside vendors, OCP business staff, and other stakeholders and partners.
• Work with Development, QA, Integration, and System Configuration teams to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (IT), Business, or closely related field
• Five years of experience in business systems analysis and/or technology project management.
• Technical understanding with complex server and cloud based projects.
• Ability to clearly communicate concepts and ideas to a variety of audiences through both verbally and in writing.
• Experience gathering and managing business requirements, technical requirements and system design within the Systems Design Life Cycle.
• Knowledge of project management best practices, principles, and skills.
• Knowledge of business process improvement best practices, principles, and skills.
• Demonstrated ability to understand technology and provide alternative solutions as needed.
• Excellent listening skills and the ability to translate user requirements into system specifications.
• Ability to work in a demanding fast paced environment with multiple deadlines.
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office.
Experience with or exposure to one or more of the following is preferred, but not a prerequisite for employment:
• Project Management or Business Systems Analyst certification.
• Publishing ERP Systems experience.
This is a standard, full-time position plus rotating on-call. OCP offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package. The Systems Analyst Developer must be able to work on-site at our northeast Portland office during normal business hours. Some after-hours systems maintenance and on-call is required. Our Northeast Portland headquarters has easy access to MAX, Trimet, and I-84, comfortable workspace, casual attire, and excellent benefits package.
Finalists will be asked to provide a portfolio of past work including code samples. They may also be asked to complete a behavioral assessment. Offer is contingent on a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screening. OCP is an affirmative action employer providing equal opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, disabled individuals and other protected groups. To apply submit resume at www.ocp.org/careers.
OCP is an equal opportunity employer.