Mental Health Therapist
Full Time, Full Benefits
We are seeking a Mental Health Therapist/QMHP with a passion to serve children, adolescents and their families who are struggling with emotional and behavioral challenges. You will be joining the Gresham Outpatient interdisciplinary team, within an agency committed to adopting the Sanctuary Model.
Our therapists are trained and supported to provide individual, family and group therapy modalities, along with active case management and advocacy. IARC model trainings are offered, along with active supervision and interdisciplinary consultation groups and licensure supervision is available.
At Morrison we celebrate diversity. Through our commitment to equity and inclusion, we support our communities to move beyond disparity and oppression and work with compassion, integrity, and dedication to social justice through the implementation of goals and policies. We strive to create an inclusive and anti-racist organization by ensuring that racial identity will not determine or predict the quality of trauma-informed care a child receives; to that effect, we’re looking for candidates who can provide culturally-appropriate care or possess the ability to hold each other and yourself accountable to the diversity and uniqueness of all individuals within Morrison, our clients and our community stakeholders.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides services for clinic-based programs; individual, group, and family therapy; and completes all clinical documentation in accordance with state, federal and organizational requirements.
- Provides case management and coordinates referrals to community resources, and assists clients with completion of necessary paperwork to facilitate access to services and funding sources essential
- Applies knowledge of the local mental health system and collaborates partners to include the following: Coordinated Care Organizations, Department of Human Services, Wraparound principals, school districts, hospitals, and other mental health providers
- Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field
- Direct treatment experience with children ages 5-12 in a mental health setting is preferred
- Valued Experience:
- Bilingual in Spanish, both written and spoken
- Two years direct treatment experience with children and/or adolescents in a mental health setting
- Must pass criminal history check
- Must pass language testing, only if applicable
Starting Pay Range:
Mental Health Therapist: $20.36 - $24.27
Mental Health Therapist (Bilingual): $22.19 - $26.46
- About Us:
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
**** Due to the pandemic, this position is temporarily working remotely, providing services via telehealth for the foreseeable future. ****
Keeping our staff safe is a priority at Morrison. During the Pandemic, our Mental Health Therapists will have the option to work remotely. To safeguard information, work laptops and company cell phones will be provided. If the MHT prefers to work onsite - an office at our Gresham Outpatient clinic will be made accessible for use.”
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** If viewing job through a job board without enabled links please visit: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Mental Health Therapist – Gresham Outpatient” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Bilingual Mental Health Therapist – Gresham Outpatient
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We'll keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.