At A.wordsmith our Managers lead and execute strategic marketing, public relations and branding communications initiatives. We are small team and we all wear many hats. Those with a can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile are our kind of people. Managers are responsible for not just strategy development but also digging into the details of our client programs and doing the work. Managers lead teams, provide counsel, support our firm’s culture, write extremely high-quality content and are committed to integrating themselves into our clients’ industries in order to deliver the best results.
The Manager position is full time.
- Manage content development in the areas of marketing communications (white papers, blogs, web copy), PR (articles, media materials) and branding (messaging and corporate positioning)
- Work with senior thought leaders in a variety of industries
- Manage ongoing media relations activity for clients in a wide range of categories including professional services, technology, lifestyle and non-profit
- Provide counsel to clients and develop program recommendations
- Work as cohesive and energetic team player
- Actively partake in key firm initiatives, including DEI, marketing, professional development, culture and client service
- Live up to agency core values and abide by our established operating norms
- Ability to plan and oversee organic social media activity on LinkedIn is a plus
- ~5 years communications experience in an agency or corporate setting
- Strong writing skills; ability to pass a writing test
- Strong media relations expertise; established media relationships is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-manage and be proactive
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform within tight timeframes and against client budgets
Qualities we Expect:
- Living each day with courage
- Taking pride in your work
- Always finishing what you start
- Maintaining respect without exception
- Riding for the brand
- Eligible for A.wordsmith group medical and dental insurance
- Eligible to participate in the A.wordsmith retirement savings plan
- Eligible for A.wordsmith Commission for Life program
- PTO + paid firm holidays
- Parking reimbursement*
- Technology reimbursement
- Professional development stipend
- Wellness stipend
- Paid parental leave
Dependent on experience.
A.wordsmith is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We are committed to attracting, developing, and advancing the most talented individuals regardless of their race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender or disability status.