On August 19, 2021 Governor Brown ordered all public and private school teachers, educators, support staff, substitutes and volunteers to be vaccinated by October 18, 2021 or six weeks after FDA approval, whichever is later. Since the governor’s announcement, a COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech) has received regular Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval meaning October 18, 2021 is confirmed as the mandatory deadline for vaccination. "Fully vaccinated" is defined as 14 days after receiving all required doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine (currently two shots of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one shot of Johnson & Johnson vaccine).
Starting October 18, 2021, testing will no longer be an option as the alternative to vaccination. All Northwest Regional ESD staff, substitutes, contractors, interns and volunteers will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per the August 19, 2021 order from Gov. Kate Brown. All staff members will need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Exemptions may be made only for eligible medical or religious reasons. There will not be an option to opt out for other reasons or choose testing in lieu of vaccination, under the state mandate. In order to support students and families, the essential functions of this position may require physical presence in the workplace. All public health protocols will be followed. Northwest Regional Education Service District is an equal opportunity employer; committed to building an inclusive community and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. We are proud to be an antiracist organization. We work to understand how racial ideology is manufactured and how it impacts the lives of our staff and those we serve.
In line with our commitment to disrupting systemic racism, we acknowledge that research shows that Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) and women are significantly less likely to apply for some positions, believing they must meet every qualification as described in the job description. At NWRESD, we value representation, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We know that sometimes that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the qualifications described below.
Position Title: Instructional Assistant
Department: Department of Schools
Location: Columbia Academy - Beaverton, OR
Reports To: As Assigned
Compensation: Support Services Salary Schedule - Range D
Bargaining Unit: OSEA
FTE: .85/34 hours per week
NW REGIONAL ESD'S MISSION STATEMENT: In partnership with the communities we serve, Northwest Regional ESD improves student learning by providing equitable access to high quality services and support.
This position carries out program activities as planned and scheduled by licensed personnel and provides instruction to individual and small groups as directed by the licensed staff. This position monitors student safety and behavior in various settings.
Essential functions: Include the following. Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other Duties may be assigned. The duties listed below are not inclusive, but characteristic of the type and level of work assigned for this position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with the following: e-mail (MS Outlook), internet software and word processing (MS Word).
- Ability to lift students from a wheel chair to the floor and back and on and off of a changing table.
- Certificates as determined by the District including a valid driver’s license and CPR certificate as well as instruction in bloodborne pathogens. Other training as required by District.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
- Prepares instructional materials under direction of licensed teacher.
- Provides instruction under the direction of licensed teacher.
- Assists teacher in working with students to complete assignments.
- Assists teacher in grading and recording students' assignments.
- Takes and maintains data as needed and required by licensed teacher.
- Assists students with restroom needs as directed.
- Maintains students' safety and monitors appropriate behavior at recess, in class and during bus loading and unloading. Notes discipline issues and completes proper paperwork for reporting such incidents.
- Participates in restraint training as required.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and customers at all organizational levels.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Washes and dries children's clothing as needed.
- Washes dishes and toys as directed.
- Sanitizes desks, tables, straws, oral motor equipment and other items as directed.
- Arranges classroom furniture as directed
Note: The description contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload.
NWRESD believes that every individual makes a significant contribution to our success. The administration reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary that still reflect the essential functions of the department. It is our expectation that every employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the ESD’s goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Northwest Regional Education Service District is an equal opportunity employer; committed to building an inclusive community and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. We are proud to be an antiracist organization. We work to understand how racial ideology is manufactured and how it impacts the lives of our staff and those we serve.
Northwest Regional Education Service District is proud to be an antiracist, Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to ensuring diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, religion, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law.
Northwest Regional Education Service District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment procedures for individuals experiencing a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900. FISCAL CONTROL CODE(S): 2553
FRONTLINE JOB ID: 2322