Nereus, a VTM Group company, is a full-service strategic communications firm and seeks a well-rounded PR Account Executive to support client programs. This position is best-served by an individual who is:
· Interested in deep tech
· Capable of ‘translating’ technology and its value proposition for various audiences
· Interested in practicing multiple communications disciplines
· Loves (and excels) at media relations and social media campaigns
Primary Client/External Responsibilities:
· Proactively anticipate, manage and recommend solutions for client issues
· Expand efforts at media / analyst relations to senior level relationships
· Be able to manage and respond to influencer questions/issues
· Proactively begin to or manage, develop and respond to strategic issues/questions regarding competitive comparisons and long-term corporate positioning
· Able to lead press and event tours and provide feedback to client in action
· Be able to write for multiple communications vehicles
· Be able to develop and execute social media programs
Primary Agency/Internal responsibilities:
· Helps and/or implements strategic plan for client with other team members
· Able to manage meetings
· Proactively solicit feedback from influencers on perception issues on client, industry issues and trends; Be able to take input and craft strategic recommendations
· Manage product launches
· Demonstrate established media/analysts relationships
· Support new business efforts
· Degree in Communications, PR or Journalism preferred
· 2-5 years of experience in agency or corporate Marcom department
· Able to use knowledge and begin to delegate day-to-day activities up and down the team
· Excellent time management skills
· Excellent writing, editing and oral communications skills
· Understands clients business and able to translate knowledge in PR counsel at multiple levels of client (peer) contact and internal team
If you are eager to work with a collaborative team and ready to hit the ground running, we want you on our team!
A little about us:
Nereus is a nimble agency designed to flex as our clients’ needs demand. We offer a comprehensive suite of services delivering public relations, branding, digital marketing, advertising management, creative and event support.
Nereus’ clientele is comprised of companies and industry associations advancing technology in various areas: cloud computing, digital home networking, Internet of Things, wireless connectivity and more. Our clients have global impact. Meaning: as part of our team, you can, too.
To learn more about Nereus, please visit www.nereus-worldwide.com.
To learn more about VTM Group, please visit www.vtmgroup.com.
Diversity & Inclusion is not an initiative for us, it’s the way we run our organization and conduct business. From our top leadership to our newest team member, everyone is held accountable to be inclusionary and respectful. We are committed to hiring, retaining and growing individuals with non-traditional backgrounds.
How to apply for this position:
If you are looking to join a dynamic team and meet the above criteria, please visit https://vtmgroup.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=145 to submit your resume and salary expectations.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen (we do not test for marijuana).
This position would be located in either our Beaverton, OR office or remote