Close Date: Open Until Filled
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC’s Blackburn Center is seeking an On-Call Alcohol & Drug Counselors
SCHEDULE: On Call position. Schedule varies. On Call employees must work at least once in every 6 month period to remain active on payroll.
The Blackburn Center is an innovative program that offers integrated housing, health care, and employment services with the long term goal of eliminating homelessness. We seek to change how these services are delivered to all people, especially vulnerable populations.
This position will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team at the Blackburn Center to deliver comprehensive, person-centered, integrated services to the Portland Eastside community. The SUD Counselor works as a member of a treatment team providing substance abuse treatment and case management. The team works to address all treatment needs, including crisis management, substance abuse treatment, physical health management, mental health management, accessing affordable housing, accessing employment and educational opportunities.
Duties to include:
- Conduct screening and assessment of potential clients to determine treatment needs, placement, and diagnosis; develop an individualized treatment plan to reflect these
- Participate in direct treatment of clients
- Conduct treatment groups and provide individual counseling as needed.
- May facilitate outpatient treatment groups for driving under the influence (DUII).
- Work as a member of the Blackburn Center multi-disciplinary team to deliver comprehensive, client centered and trauma informed integrated services.
- Document client services in electronic health records within 72 hours.
- The following requirements for CADC:
- A&D Counselor I requires CADC I
- A&D Counselor II requires CADCII
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
- Must have current CPR certification or obtain before start date
- Must have experience working in chemical dependency treatment, preferably with outpatient adults who have been adjudicated to treatment and/or people with co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge and skills in group facilitation.
- Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge and skills in evidence-based treatment methods utilized in the treatment of addiction and trauma-informed care.
- Knowledge and skills in de-escalation methods or ability to be trained in de-escalation methods.
- Knowledge and skills in crisis intervention.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of community and social service agencies with the ability to provide case management services as needed.
- Preferred understanding of specialized DUII system requirements as set forth by the State and referral sources.
- Preferred experience providing DUII/DCJ compliant treatment services.
- If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and criminal background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
- The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the previous 3 years a DUI conviction or diversion, a felony conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.