The On Call, Psychiatrist position provides psychiatric evaluation and medication management for LifeWorks NW clients in an outpatient or residential setting. Clients may have chemical dependency, emotional or behavioral disturbance and/or other psychiatric diagnoses.
Location: This position is based out of LifeWorks NW's Beaverton site.
Pay: $131.74 starting hourly pay.
- Provides psychiatric evaluation for clients including gathering and maintaining patient information and records, including social and medical history obtained from patients, relatives, and other professionals. Analyzes and evaluates patient data and test findings to diagnose nature and extent of mental disorder.
- Reviews and evaluates treatment procedures and outcomes of other psychiatrists and medical professionals.
- Provides information and education about pharmacological factors in the treatment of and service of clients to other agency staff and the general public as needed.
- Provides ongoing medication management and monitoring including monitoring for side effects and therapeutic drug levels.
- Provides consultation with Primary Care Providers, LifeWorks NW therapists, social workers, psychologists, Psychiatric Nurses, Nurse Practitioners and treatment team when indicated.
- Maintains chart notes in electronic health record system within 24 hours of patient care.
- Provides medical supervision of client treatment plans including review and signature.
- Advises and informs guardians, relatives, and significant others of patients' conditions and treatment.
- May be required to work evenings or weekends.
- May be required to travels between sites.
- Teaches, takes continuing education classes, attends conferences and seminars to increase understanding of mental, emotional, and behavioral states and disorders.
- M.D., or D.O. degree with board eligibility or certification in area of specialization.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- May require ability to work some evenings and/or weekends.
- May require access to a car and valid driver's license.
LifeWorks NW is a private, non-profit organization providing prevention, mental health, substance use treatment, and related social services to youths, adults, and older adults in over fifteen locations throughout Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. LifeWorks NW promotes a healthy community by providing quality and culturally responsive mental health and addiction services across the lifespan.
Our core values-Recovery and Relationships, Resilience, and Results-inform the work we do. The four pillars of the strategic vision include Compassionate, Impactful Care, Holistic Health, Passionate Team, and Thriving Organization. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are critical to successfully achieving the mission. We know that "life works" when people get the help they need and are dedicated to changing lives.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09