The Administrative Specialist is responsible for performing multifaceted general administrative services in the dynamic environment of an Outpatient clinic setting. They will play an integral role in coordinating the scheduling of client appointments; performing verification checks of client eligibility of insurance and authorization for services; and checking-in clients/families/visitors. The Administrative Specialist will also assist with daily administrative operations of the clinic such as opening and/or closing the clinic. This position will work from our Portland Outpatient clinic location.
Program: Outpatient Services
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- One year experience in an office setting
- Bilingual, must be able to communicate effectively in Spanish
- Intermediate level computer capabilities in use of data bases, web-based environments, word processing, email and spreadsheet
- Knowledge of non-profit sector
- Knowledge of electronic health records
- Pass a DHS criminal history background
- Meets agency driving requirements
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for all of our clients
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.