Northwest Regional Education Service District is an equal opportunity employer; committed to building an inclusive community and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. We are proud to be an antiracist organization. We work to understand how racial ideology is manufactured and how it impacts the lives of our staff and those we serve.
In line with our commitment to disrupting systemic racism, we acknowledge that research shows that Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) and women are significantly less likely to apply for some positions, believing they must meet every qualification as described in the job description. At NWRESD, we value representation, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We know that sometimes that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the qualifications described below.
To view the full job description, click on the link on the bottom right hand side of this post.
Department: Related/Nursing Services
Location: Tigard-Tualatin School District
Compensation: Per negotiated contract, Licensed Salary Schedule
Bargaining Unit: NWEA
FTE: 1.0/8 hrs day
Start Date: 08/30/2021
**Two positions available**
NW REGIONAL ESD'S MISSION STATEMENT: In partnership with the communities we serve, Northwest Regional ESD improves student learning by providing equitable access to high quality services and support.
This position provides nursing care for students. The employee formulates and implements health care plans, conducts student health assessments and collaborates and communicates with families, staff and medical professionals.
QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; minimum of two years experience working with
2. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the ability to use or learn to use e-mail and word processing.
3. Certificates as determined by the District including a Bachelor of Science Nursing degree.
4. Ability to make decisions independently and to use initiative and judgement in accomplishing tasks following overall policies and objectives.
5. State issued valid driver's license
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: include the following. Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other
duties may be assigned.
1. Formulates and implements health care plans for students, collaborating with families and medical
2. Conducts student health assessments.
3. Reviews health conditions in classrooms as needed, assesses care needs, and modifies health
protocols or education plans. Consults with physicians and parents to obtain necessary information
and convey findings.
4. Delegates health-related procedures to staff. Supplies appropriate training and supervision in
accordance with state standards.
5. Communicates with parents and staff regarding health needs.
6. Performs direct nursing as needed (e.g., medication, tube feeding, seizure management).
7. Assists in collecting and tracking immunization records and meet state reporting guidelines.
8. Participates in IEP/IFSP processes.
9. Travels to multiple classroom sites. Make home visits as necessary.
10. Provides consultation in educational settings regarding school health needs.
11. Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
12. Work collaboratively and communicate effectively with staff and customers at all organizational levels
13. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
14. Adhere to policies of the NW Regional ESD
Equal Opportunity Employer
Northwest Regional Education Service District is proud to be an antiracist, Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to ensuring diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, religion, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law.
Northwest Regional Education Service District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment procedures for individuals experiencing a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.