Seeking Milieu Counselors to mentor adolescent girls (11-16 years) youth in a residential facility. The SAGE program fosters long-term stabilization for survivors of commercial sexual exploitation (CSEC). SAGE is intensive therapeutic program equipped to provide support to 12 girls at a time. The program provides access to psychiatric care, therapy, and Portland Public school teachers on site.
Milieu Counselors guide youth, by teaching them vocational and daily living skills.
- Providing individual skill building and group work as needed
- Effectively supervising the milieu and daily activities utilizing a daily schedule
- Assisting in outings, providing active support and supervision of clients in the community
- Completing clinical critical incident reports as required
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides individual skill building and group work as needed
- Effectively supervises the milieu and daily activities utilizing a daily schedule
- Assists in outings, providing active support and supervision of clients in the community
- Completes clinical critical incident reports as required
- Education and Work Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 1 year experience working with youth. Or a combination of education and experience related to working with youth
- Basic computer skills using word processing, spreadsheets, databases and email
- Other Requirements:
- Meet agency driving requirements
- Must pass a DHS criminal background check.
- Language testing if applicable.
- Facility is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Shift may require day, evening, overnight and weekend
Starting Pay Range:
Milieu Counselor: $15.50 - $16.48
Milieu Counselor (Bilingual): $16.90 - $17.97
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Below are the available shifts at SAGE.
MC #1 Sunday 7:00 am-3:30 pm, Monday 2:30-11:00 pm, Thursday 7:00 am-3:30 pm, Friday 7:00 am-3:30 pm, Saturday 7:00 am-3:30 pm (TUES/WED off)
MC #2 Sunday 2:30-11:00 pm, Wednesday 7:00 am-3:30 pm, Thursday 2:30-11:00 pm, Friday 2:30-11:00 pm, Saturday 2:30-11:00 pm ( MON/TUES off)
MC #3 Sunday 2:30-11:00 pm, Monday 2:30-11:00 pm, Tuesday 2:30-11:00 pm, Wednesday 10:00 am-6:30 pm, Thursday 7:00 am-3:30 pm (FRI/SAT off)