Open Until Filled (Seniority Bid until 6/29/22)
Since 1979, the Portland community has trusted Central City Concern (CCC) to help people create meaningful, long-term change. Every year, we serve more than 13,000 people experiencing or at risk of homelessness with affordable and supportive housing, person-centered health care, addiction recovery, and employment assistance. By providing health care, housing, and jobs, CCC is ending homelessness in Portland and helping people achieve their highest potential.
CCC’s Letty Owings Center is seeking a Parent Trainer to join our Team!
Schedule: 20 hours per week, flexibility to schedule hours between Mon-Fri (TBD with supervisor)
Pay Rate: 19.50/hr.
As a Parent Trainer, you will demonstrate strong interpersonal and de-escalation skills in working with parents and their children to provide parent coaching and structuring. You are able to show your high-level written and verbal communication skills through collaboration with your team, key community partners, and parents. You exhibit a relationship-based approach to inform your good decision-making and professional boundaries. You will be working closely with parents throughout the program and assist with parent and child reunification.
Duties to Include:
- Provide consultation and training to staff at Letty Owings Center (LOC) related to child development, family systems, therapeutic interventions, and community resources for families, children, and adolescents.
- Facilitate individual and group parent counseling and weekly parenting education.
- Provide hands-On Parenting Assistance with children’s bedtime routine.
- Arrange child visits and observations for parents.
- Assist in the development and provision of parenting classes and groups, and individual- or family-based parenting-related programs at LOC.
- Work with Clinical Supervisor to coordinate existing services within LOC that enhance, support, or are related to families and children. Provide consultation, coaching, advice, and referrals regarding specific case management issues at LOC.
- Work with mothers and children in referring them to other services and coordinate with other providers in delivering services on-site for mothers and children.
- Understanding of evidence-based practices particularly relating to children and parents with Alcohol and Drug Trauma and trauma-affected backgrounds.
- Knowledge and experience working with Portland metropolitan area community and social service agencies.
- Familiar with regulations concerning children and families, especially OARs pertaining to women and children in residential facilities.
- A high school diploma or GED is required, with an additional three years of experience working with children and families required. Experience working with children and families in a behavioral health setting is preferred.
- Have or be able to obtain Adult and Child/Infant CPR Certification prior to the start date.
- If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
- Must possess a current driver's license, pass a DMV background check, and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy.? Must pass an initial driver’s training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.?
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit. Must be approved by the Childcare Background Check Unit.
- Must adhere to the agency’s non-discrimination policies.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliations, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual orientations, and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 4.25% in your 1st?year, 6% in the 2nd?year, and 8% in your 3rd?year!
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
- Sabbatical Program offering extended time off at years 7, 14 and 21.
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.?