Program Director - Downtown Long Term Group Home
Job Requisition: 134
The Program Director is responsible for the overall management of the programmatic, administrative, financial, and operational systems related to the provision of care and services for youth; provision of regular and timely reports to Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) regarding operations, services, and finances; establishing a respective and supportive workplace environment; and elevating any issues or concerns to the Morrison Division Director and ORR Project Officer. This position work from Portland, Oregon.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of annual operating budget.
- Inform the Division Director regularly by means of written and oral reports about the fiscal, legal, and programmatic aspects of the program.
- Offer recommendations to the Division Director that would improve the capability of the program to fulfill the agency’s mission successfully.
- Assure all contracts are adhered to fully.
- Assure that all program guidelines are followed.
- Directly supervise upper-level management and administrative functions of the program.
- Support the organization’s administration in the development and implementation of care and treatment for the youth.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Master’s degree in social work or an equivalent degree in education, psychology, sociology, or other relevant behavioral science degree OR bachelor’s degree plus 5 years’ experience in child welfare administration and/or child protective services;
- 2 years of experience in program management or as a director of a licensed child care program.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and knowledge of the Spanish culture preferred.
- Pass a DHS criminal history background
- Meet agency’s driving requirement
STARTING PAY RANGE: $63,000 - $76,000 per year ($30.42 - $36.62 per hour)
Why join us?
- Benefits and Perks – Extensive benefit package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Company provided Life and Long-Term Disability. Paid vacation and sick time. Transportation stipend for employees working at our downtown location.
- We make a difference in our community – At Morrison we provide a comprehensive continuum of mental health, substance abuse and prevention and education services for youth, from birth through age 21. We work with families and communities to make a difference in every child’s life.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: ORR Immigrant Youth Services - Long Term Group Home
Our Long-Term Group Home provides services to up 20 adolescents at one time (ages 14-17 years old) in a co-ed residential facility setting. The youth, typically from Latin America and occasionally other countries live in our Long-Term Group Home, while they await family reunification or other placement options. They attend public school and other community activities.
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
- Equity - Assuring all can survive and thrive
Visit our website to learn more about our mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
At Morrison we celebrate diversity. Through our commitment to equity and inclusion, we support our communities to move beyond disparity and oppression and work with compassion, integrity, and dedication to social justice through the implementation of goals and policies. We strive to create an inclusive and anti-racist organization by ensuring that racial identity will not determine or predict the quality of trauma-informed care a child receives; to that effect, we’re looking for candidates who can provide culturally-appropriate care or possess the ability to hold each other and yourself accountable to the diversity and uniqueness of all individuals within Morrison, our clients and our community stakeholders.
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We will keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest!
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.