Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty, and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC is hiring On-Call Female Treatment Assistants for the Letty Owings Center! Shifts are available now! Day, swing, and overnight. 24/7 facility.
At Letty Owings, mothers are treated for drug addiction and alcoholism. They also begin learning essential life skills such as budgeting, meal planning and cooking, communication, and most importantly, parenting – things as simple as how often a child needs to eat, sleep and bathe. Surrounded by role models and others who are succeeding in their recovery, the women see what life can be. The Letty Owings Center helps give them the tools they need to get there.
Treatment Assistants are responsible for providing care and close intensive supervision to all clients and their children in a 24-hour milieu.
- Coordinate residents’ activities as detailed on the weekly schedule.
- Responsible for observing client UAs.
- Answer phones as the first point of contact and route calls appropriately while maintaining correct procedures to maintain client confidentiality.
- Serve as an integral member of the integrated care team including sharing observations on client behavior and needs with appropriate staff members
- Contribute to the overall functionality of the program and the safety of clients.
- Monitoring and supervision of clients’ performance of household chores and assigning weekly household tasks.
- Monitor and document the client's self-medication and client's administration of their own child’s medications.
- Transport residents to appointments as needed.
- Assist clients with activities specifically related to women; i.e. breast-feeding, feminine hygiene needs, etc. Teach and role model care of infants to clients.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the foundations of addiction and recovery. Life experience is valued. Work or volunteer experience in related field preferred (i.e., shelter, residential or day treatment, counseling, substance abuse treatment, etc.).
- Must be able to obtain Standard First-Aid, and Adult and Child/Infant CPR Certification prior to first day of employment.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and applicable criminal background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit. If covering child care shifts, must be approved by the State of Oregon Employment Department Child Care Division.
- Must possess a current drivers license, pass a DMV background check, and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the position.
CCC values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, and pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.