*When applying, please include both a cover letter and resume with appplication.
Next Adventure Communications Coordinator - Job Description
The Next Adventure Communications Coordinator will manage the Next Adventure social media channels Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest as well as the blog. This strategic, customer-focused role requires proficient writing and storytelling skills with a fundamental understanding of sales and its convergence with marketing channels, primarily social media. Candidates must have a passion for and an understanding of outdoor recreation and adventure. In addition to writing, producing and editing content across many channels, the role will provide community management across those channels, with the objective of connecting customers to products while amplifying employee and community stories. Delight is at the core of everything this person does.
- Leads the implementation of social media and content strategies to achieve marketing and company goals.
- Gathers, creates and publishes original, high quality content on the Next Adventure blog as well as social media platforms including YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
- Works with team members including executive team, team leads, store managers and the Marketing Manager to ensure content is timely, strategic and provides real customer value.
- Engages with a larger team to generate social media buzz around product sales and promotions, event promotions and store updates.
- Facilitates direct customer/Next Adventure communications (responds to questions, gathers content from live events).
- Prepares monthly reports on advertisements, engagements and general channel growth and reach; explores opportunities on social media platforms, including company blog.
- Monitors user engagement and leads content optimization on social media and the blog.
- Works with internal partners to integrate and maintain a cohesive social media strategy.
- Stays current with new digital technologies and social media best practices.
- Creates, optimizes and suggests new content for all channels.
- Manages Facebook/Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest advertisements, including targeting, budgeting and tracking.
- Manages assets for the team- this includes photos, videos and more.
- Hands-on position with a passion for story-telling.
- Must be a content expert with a strong understanding of retail and its key intersection with social media.
- Must be passionate about the outdoors. This role must live and breathe outdoors and adventure: They devour outdoor industry trades and trends and live the culture. They are tuned into key events (e.g. X-Games, GoPro Mountain Games) and also bring an understanding of the unique world that outdoor enthusiasts of many stripes inhabit.
- College degree in Marketing, Communications or Business.
- Strong writing and project management skills.
- 3+ years of relevant digital experience.
- Familiarity with Sprout and Google Analytics.
- Detail-oriented with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously coupled with an ability to be flexible and always interested in learning new things.
- A love of the outdoors and outdoor adventure.
- Proficiency with project management software including Asana and Google docs.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.