Social Work – full time
Our House of Portland
Our House of Portland provides healthcare, housing, and other vital services to low-income people living with HIV. Our House has been part of the Portland community since 1988. Our services have expanded but our commitment to people living with HIV has remained the same. Services are provided at our residential care facility and through in-home services to encourage independent living in a safe, stable and healthy environment. The Our House team of expert clinicians works with people with HIV who are having difficulty managing independent living. Services are tailored to each individual that define what “living well” means to them. Our House maintains an inclusive community where values, experiences and identities are accepted, where respect for differences is shared and where questions, dialogue and education are encouraged. It is the policy of Our House not to discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identify, marital status, sexual orientation, age, sensory, mental, or physical ability, heritage, ancestry, national origin, political ideology, religion, or creed. Our House of Portland is a nonprofit 501(c) (3) organization based in Portland OR.
Overview of the Position
Our House is pleased to announce that we are seeking a full time Manager of Social Work to lead the multi-disciplinary team that supports and guides our clinical practice. The Manager of Social Work is responsible for oversight of all aspects of social work services at Our House and ensures clinical practices and philosophies are consistent with Our House’s mission. Our philosophy of care includes using harm reduction, non-violent communication, trauma informed care and self-determination.
The Manager of Social Work provides social work services and consultation for mental health crisis to Our House’s 14 residents as well as ongoing administrative and clinical supervision of social workers, social work interns, and administrative staff. Team members provide in home, client-centered, team oriented services to inspire people living with HIV to live well.
The Manager of Social Work is a key member of the Our House Leadership Team, and provides strategic direction for the organization and its programs. The position works closely with the Leadership Team to help guide the development and implementation of the strategic plan.
Full-time and exempt, the Manager of Social Work reports to the Executive Director.
Health & dental benefits
Generous paid time off
401(k)retirement plan: pre-tax salary-deferred
Options for supplemental insurances & flex spending account
Options for CEU reimbursement
- Masters in Social Work or relevant experience preferred, with at least 5 or more years of clinical experience working with persons living with complex mental health and substance use issues. CADC preferred, but not required.
- Bachelors of Social Work or relevant combination of education and clinical experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with an emphasis on the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to assess and implement service plans and clinical interventions related to mental health/other psycho-social issues of persons with HIV and/or chronic illness, in culturally appropriate manner.
- Experience with interdisciplinary team function and strong commitment to collaboration.
- Efficiently able to manage time and caseload. Able to work autonomously, self-initiate and be dependable with task completion, and adhere to documentation and service plan timelines.
- Understanding and familiarity with community resources. Knowledge of the Medicaid, long-term care and general healthcare systems preferred, but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including principles of clinical documentation.
- Competency in facilitating support and psycho-educational groups.
- Passionate about agency’s mission and impact.
- Strong commitment to achieving agency’s equity and inclusion goals.
- Working knowledge of Harm Reduction and Compassionate Communication (NVC) models.
- Working knowledge of current Social Work theory and practice, and associated ethical and legal issues.
- Ability to use current technology.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Provides group and individual supervision to social workers including MSW/BSW student interns.
- Provides guidance for program activities including collaborating with community partners, insurance providers and grant writing and reporting.
- Oversees the development and implementation of strategic direction for the department.
- Exercises good judgment and successfully handles ambiguity.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with all internal/external interface points.
- Documents client interaction; conducts intake and discharge
- · Provides Social Work services to 14 residents in our 24-hour residential care facility, including intensive and ongoing case management, psychosocial assessment, A/D outreach, supportive counseling, crisis intervention and end of life planning.
- Leads intake process and coordinates with Director of Occupational Therapy and Director of Nursing Services on admissions. Take referrals and manages wait list.
- Be available for consultation with Clinical Directors and co-workers regarding administrative processes, policy creation, and strategic direction as needed.
- Perform routine psycho-social evaluation, with specific focus on mental health, substance use, cultural and spiritual needs.
- Administers standardized mental health/substance use screening tools.
- · Meets 1:1 with clients for A/D outreach and counseling support. Creates A/D service plans as appropriate.
- Develops and implements quarterly service plans in collaboration with interdisciplinary team members.
- Facilitates support and psycho-educational groups with social work team.
- Collaborate with Behavior Care Coordinators on care planning and interventions.
- Assists in crisis situations when needed, including de-escalation and development of care coordination plan.
- Sits in on nurse shift report at least weekly.
- Enters intake data, documentation, and other appropriate clinical information into Client Management System.
- Provides education and consultation to staff regarding mental health, addictions, and behavioral health issues and interventions.
- Attends relevant meetings as related to clinical practice as well as overall organizational needs.
- Attends educational trainings to keep current with HIV, mental health, addictions and other clinical areas related to Social Work practice.
- Facilitates diversity committee meetings.
- Conducts regular performance evaluations and develops service and performance improvement plans of direct reports.
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
EXECUTIVE LEVEL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the execution of Our House’s strategic imperatives, as requested by the Executive Director
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with housing grant requirements.
- Provides guidance, leadership and direction, as requested by the Executive Director, for program activities including setting an effective agenda and ensuring strategic goals are met
- Provides organization leadership through full participation on Leadership Team and through involvement in agency-wide activities
- Attends All-Staff and Leadership Team meetings
- Address conflict, change and differing opinions in a respectful and productive manner.
- Understand issues and stigma associated with chronic condition (s) including HIV/AIDS
- Understand and be sensitive to issues related to death and dying.
- Honor a diversity of beliefs and lifestyles.
- Actively support and incorporate the mission, vision and philosophy of care into daily practice.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to patients, staff, and as appropriate, facility information.
- Demonstrates service excellence with respectful and compassionate interpersonal relations in dealing with clients, family members, colleagues, and community providers.
$50,000 - $60,000 annually, DOE
How to Apply
Interested candidates must complete the employment application and email it along with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include Manager of Social Work in the subject line.
No phone calls please.
Reference and Employment Verification