Bradley Angle is a dynamic social service organization offering safe shelter and supportive services to survivors of domestic violence and their children since 1975. We are recruiting a Full Time Emergency Services Specialist to our shelter staff. The ideal candidate will have experience working with individuals coping with domestic violence. If you want to be part of a dynamic and growing organization with a strong legacy of innovation, then we want to hear from you!
Bradley Angle strives to have our staff reflect the diversity of our community, and we are committed to eliminating barriers to employment that many members of our community face. Bradley Angle does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, national origin, disability, political belief, marital status, age, sexual orientation, class, housing status, veteran status, physical size, or other legally protected status. We strongly encourage people of color and people with lived experiences of domestic violence to apply.
**In order to work at Bradley Angle, the candidate must (a) be fully vaccinated OR (b) have received medical or religious exemptions if unvaccinated. Documentation is required from Multnomah County and will be requested.
SALARY: $15.96/hour; medical & dental insurance; retirement.
Generous & flexible paid time off.??
HOURS: 40 hours per week hours per week;
3 pm – 11 pm shift, 5 days a week
SUPERVISOR:? Emergency Services Manager???
OBJECTIVE:? To maintain the safety, upkeep, and cleanliness of the shelter facility and provide?basic on-site support needs for shelter participants.?
- Work with participants, co-workers, supervisors, community partners, and all other relevant stakeholders in a manner that is consistent with, and promotes, the Bradley Angle Ethical Commitments and the Bradley Angle Organizational Values.
- Provide trauma-informed care and positive behavior interventions and supports to all emergency services participants.
- Ensure and maintain the cleanliness, upkeep, maintenance and safety of all areas of the emergency shelter and grounds surrounding.
- Respond to immediate on-site basic needs of participants such as distribution of first aid, food, clothing, and hygiene supplies.
- Maintain the physical safety of participants by ensuring facility rules are followed in a manner that is consistent with organizational values (i.e., alcohol/drug, nonviolent communication, visitor, children supervision policies, etc).
- Ensure the physical safety of participants by implementing emergency procedures as appropriate and necessary (See: Program Specific Procedures and Safety Manual).
- Provide crisis intervention and effective conflict resolution support to participants experiencing varying levels of conflict and crisis both within the facility and over the 24-hour crisis line.
- Maintain effective and consistent communication with all Bradley Angle shelter staff to ensure seamless service delivery for participants and their children. This means responding to emails in a timely manner during work hours, answering calls, and following up when needed. Emails and calls should be responded to within 24 hours unless one is off.
- Document services provided using the staff log and electronic case notes.
- At all times, including during sleeping hours, remain available to participants and responsive when assistance is requested.
- Attend shelter site, All Staff, and other meetings as required.
- Show up to all shifts on time and communicate ahead of time if tardiness or absence is needed.
- All other duties and tasks as assigned by the Emergency Shelter Manager and Coordinator.
All employees are expected to demonstrate:
- The ability to relate to adult and youth domestic violence survivors from diverse backgrounds.
- Reading and writing skills, which include the ability to access and utilize a variety of resource materials in a timely manner and an ability to maintain accurate records.
- Respectful listening and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to working with survivors of domestic and/or sexual violence and knowledge of violence and its effects on society.
- Commitment to social change—including working to end domestic and sexual violence and all forms of oppression: racism, homophobia, sexism, classism, etc.
- Understanding the linkages between domestic and sexual violence and other forms of oppression.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to receive feedback and make changes as necessary or requested by supervisor.
Additional qualifications for Residential Assistant:
- One year of experience working with survivors of domestic violence.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently.
Please review the qualifications we are looking for and take the time to look at our website to become familiar with our mission and programs. We want to read resumes from qualified and interested candidates who take the time to respond to the specific dimensions outlined in this job announcement. Please send your (a) resume, (b) cover letter, and (c) Bradley Angle application to email@example.com and include “Emergency Services Specialist” in the subject line. Applicants who are missing any of the components listed will not be considered.