Mental Health Therapist – Foster Care
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Requisition: 1471
The Foster Care Mental Health Therapist will provide community-based services and supports to children in behavioral health treatment foster care and their foster parents, biological or other family members to reduce placement disruption and achieve permanency.
Licensure supervision is available! Training in alcohol and drug services is also possible if interested, as is working toward CADC credentialing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
-Provide community based mental health services and supports to children in behavioral health treatment foster care and their foster parents, biological or other family members.
-Complete all clinical documentation in accordance with state, federal, and organizational requirements and comply with Oregon Administrative Rules for Behavioral Health Treatment Foster Care (BH-TFC).
-Participate in the treatment team and community partners to best serve BH-TFC youth including: foster parents, biological family members, DHS caseworkers, CASAs, Wraparound facilitators, Coordinated Care Organizations, school districts, medical providers and other community partners.
Education and Work Experience:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
- Master’s level degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field.
- 1 year experience in a mental health setting providing therapy to children and families.
- Familiarity with the needs of children and families involved with Child Welfare system.
- Bilingual in Spanish, both written and spoken
- Pass a DHS criminal history background
- Must meet agency driving requirement
Starting Pay Range:
Unlicensed Therapist: $52,000 - $55,500 ($25.09- $26.72/hour)
Bilingual Spanish: $56,400 - $60,000 ($2711 - $$28.87/hour)
Why join us?
- Growth Opportunities- Morrison values its employees and provides leadership training to see our employees thrive and grow. Promotion from within is encouraged and seen throughout the organization.
- Benefits and Perks – Extensive benefit package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Company provided Life and Long-Term Disability. Paid vacation and sick time.
- We make a difference in our community – At Morrison we provide a comprehensive continuum of mental health, substance abuse and prevention and education services for youth, from birth through age 21. We work with families and communities to make a difference in every child’s life.
- Student Loan Forgiveness Options- Morrison is a non-profit mental health organization so working with us, you could qualify for student loan forgiveness through the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program. At Morrison, Qualified Mental Health Professionals may also qualify for student loan repayment.
- Are you looking for a place where you can complete your licensure? As one of our highly qualified Mental Health Counselors, you will provide trauma-informed, compassionate, and professional mental health counseling services to individuals, couples, families, and groups across a broad range of socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, with availability of supervision to complete licensure.
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
- Equity - Assuring all can survive and thrive
Visit our website to learn more about our mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
At Morrison we celebrate diversity. Through our commitment to equity and inclusion, we support our communities to move beyond disparity and oppression and work with compassion, integrity, and dedication to social justice through the implementation of goals and policies. We strive to create an inclusive and anti-racist organization by ensuring that racial identity will not determine or predict the quality of trauma-informed care a child receives; to that effect, we’re looking for candidates who can provide culturally-appropriate care or possess the ability to hold each other and yourself accountable to the diversity and uniqueness of all individuals within Morrison, our clients and our community stakeholders.
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All positions at Morrison have been deemed Healthcare Providers and must comply with Oregon's COVID Vaccine Mandate. Proof of vaccination is required for all employees.