Northwest Regional Education Service District is an equal opportunity employer; committed to building an inclusive community and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. We are proud to be an antiracist organization. We work to understand how racial ideology is manufactured and how it impacts the lives of our staff and those we serve.
In line with our commitment to disrupting systemic racism, we acknowledge that research shows that Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) and women are significantly less likely to apply for some positions, believing they must meet every qualification as described in the job description. At NWRESD, we value representation, and we are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We know that sometimes that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of the qualifications described below.
Position Title: Receptionist, Washington Service Center
Department: Human Resources
Location: Washington Service Center - Hillsboro, OR
Reports To: Chief Human Resources Officer
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Salary: Support Services Salary Schedule, Range D
FTE: 1.0 - 8 hours per day
** TEMPORARY POSITION**
Dates of Work: 1/3/2023-6/30/2023 NW REGIONAL ESD'S MISSION STATEMENT: In partnership with the communities we serve, Northwest Regional ESD improves student learning by providing equitable access to high quality services and support.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide receptionist duties for the Washington Service Center. This includes exemplary customer service through telephone and in-person contact with staff, students and parents, and the public. This position also manages the room scheduling software for the Washington Service Center, and receives and prepares outgoing mail. This position is also asked to provide a variety of clerical duties for other departments as available.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a proven ability to communicate with a variety of internal and external customers.
- Possess organizational skills for effectively managing multiple tasks
- Ability to handle and manage confidential information and prioritize actions/deliverables with a high degree of discretion.
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment including computer, copier, FAX, scheduling software, and other related equipment or machines
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office Suite – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential information and able to respond sensitively to questions about student, family and staff members
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
Essential Functions: Include the following. Performs some or all of the following tasks. Other Duties may be assigned.
- Greets and assists ESD staff, students, family, volunteers, agency partners and community members both in person and by phone – this includes routing calls, relaying messages, receiving and directing visitors, determining priority matters promptly and courteously
- Screen inquiries of staff, students, parents, the public, etc. for the purpose of taking appropriate action and/or directing to appropriate personnel for resolution
- Provide a variety of secretarial and clerical duties for the office of the Communications Manager, and back up for other departments as available
- Manage scheduling software for meeting room requests from NWRESD staff and partner districts and agencies. This also includes:
- Maintain Google slides that display daily schedule of meetings on wall monitor in reception area to assist guests
- Maintain room schedule signs that are posted outside each room
- Sort and distribute incoming mail; prepare outgoing mail
- Respect the confidentiality of administration, staff, students, and organizations of the community
- Maintain a calm professional environment during times when interruptions, disruptions and a stressful environment interfere with the flow of work
- Cultivate and model a respectful working and learning environment
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance at work
Note: The description contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise to balance the workload.
NWRESD believes that every individual makes a significant contribution to our success. The administration reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary that still reflect the essential functions of the department. It is our expectation that every employee will offer their services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the ESD’s goals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Northwest Regional Education Service District is an equal opportunity employer; committed to building an inclusive community and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. We are proud to be an antiracist organization. We work to understand how racial ideology is manufactured and how it impacts the lives of our staff and those we serve. Northwest Regional Education Service District is proud to be an antiracist, Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to ensuring diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, religion, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law.
Northwest Regional Education Service District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment procedures for individuals experiencing a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Speech/Hearing impaired persons may contact the district for assistance through the Oregon telecommunications Relay Service at 1-800-735-2900.
On August 19, 2021 Governor Brown ordered all public and private school teachers, educators, support staff, substitutes and volunteers to be vaccinated by October 18, 2021 or six weeks after FDA approval, whichever is later. Since the governor’s announcement, a COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech) has received regular Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval meaning October 18, 2021 is confirmed as the mandatory deadline for vaccination. "Fully vaccinated" is defined as 14 days after receiving all required doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine (currently two shots of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or one shot of Johnson & Johnson vaccine).
Starting October 18, 2021, testing will no longer be an option as the alternative to vaccination. All Northwest Regional ESD staff, substitutes, contractors, interns and volunteers will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per the August 19, 2021 order from Gov. Kate Brown. All staff members will need to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Exemptions may be made only for eligible medical or religious reasons. There will not be an option to opt out for other reasons or choose testing in lieu of vaccination, under the state mandate. In order to support students and families, the essential functions of this position may require physical presence in the workplace. All public health protocols will be followed FISCAL POSITION CONTROL CODE: NA
FRONTLINE JOB ID: 2626