Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission to end homelessness through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
The Community Building Assistant performs routine building cleaning, upkeep and monitoring of building activities and is an integral member of the property management and supportive housing team. This person is responsible for the upkeep of buildings, identifying and reporting resident issues, and maintaining the cohesion and livability of the community. Other key responsibilities are to provide assistance to residents, to effectively coordinate with other building staff, and to identify issues and opportunities in the community.
Seniority Bid Close Date: 7/3/2023 Close Date: Open until filled
TITLE: Community Building Assistant - HENRY Represented
Schedule: Monday.-Friday, 11:00PM-7:30AM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a high quality, comfortable, and safe living environment in buildings.
- Perform building upkeep, room inventory, room turnover, vacant room preparation tasks, and routine pest control measures.
- Have the ability to identify pests such as roaches, bed bugs, ants and rodents.
- Perform follow-up cleaning after pest control treatments, including vacuuming of pests and disposal of bed bug infested property.
- Greet and answer queries from residents and building visitors and provide information and updates to staff.
- Perform regularly assigned tasks including but not limited to: clean and straighten lobby, hallways, unoccupied offices, bathrooms, elevators, residential rooms, interior and exterior common areas. Clean windows, floors, countertops, appliances, and fixtures. Other cleaning, sweeping, mopping, dusting, vacuuming, washing, disinfecting and polishing.
- Conduct periodic inspections of common areas.
- Report any hazardous conditions or emergency situations.
- Serve or disburse tenant notices, bulletins, and rent statements as assigned by Property Management and/or Supportive Housing staff.
- Assist new residents to become familiar with the community and available resources.
- Refer residents/clients to appropriate service staff as needed.
- Answer and direct telephone calls to appropriate staff, take messages, deliver notices and other documents, and maintain files as time allows or as assigned.
- Maintain daily event logs, delivery logs, incident reports, building rosters, and other reports and forms as assigned and as necessary to complete job duties.
- Monitor surveillance cameras and overall security of properties.
- Collect random and required observed urinalyses as assigned by Property Management or Supportive Housing staff.
- Monitor and enforce building visiting policies.
- Update lobby area with appropriate health and social services related information.
- Remove ice and snow as required during inclement weather.
- Inventory, label and store tenant property.
- Report to other sites as directed by supervisor.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all state and federal privacy regulations, including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and to CCC policies and agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security. Support compliance with all privacy and security requirements pursuant to community partners' and outside providers' patient confidentiality agreements, including privacy and security requirements for EMR access. This includes immediately reporting any breach of protected health information or personal identification information of any person receiving CCC services by CCC or an outside provider to the CCC Compliance Department, as well as to your supervisor or their designee.
- Gather, edit, and refine program boilerplates and impact data. Help to keep files organized and updated.
- Adhere to all CCC policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
- Perform related duties as assigned, within the scope of the role.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED or be actively pursuing.
- Must not be on active parole or probation.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
- Must not be a registered sex offender.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Must have basic computer skills including Word, Excel, Email, and basic file management.
- Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull, lift heavy objects, and operate mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
- Ability to adhere to Central City Concern’s drug-free workplace which encourages a safe, healthy and productive work environment and strictly complies with the Drug-Free Work Place Act of 1988. An employee shall not, in the workplace, unlawfully manufacture, distribute, dispense, possess or use a controlled substance or alcohol.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- May be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
- Must adhere to agency's non-discrimination policies.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual orientations, and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
- Previous experience with janitorial and resident service.
Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 4.25% in your 1styear, 6% in the 2nd year, and 8% in your 3rd year!
- 11 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short-Term Disability, AND Long-Term Disability Insurance!
- Sabbatical Program is offering extended time off at years 7, 14, and 21.
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER