Passionate about helping women in recovery? LifeWorks NW's Mountaindale program provides residential substance abuse services for women who are pregnant or have children under 9 years of age.
The Childcare Provider position provides safe, age appropriate care to client's children while the clients attend group.
As a behavioral health organization, LifeWorks NW employees are required to have had their COVID 19 vaccination (or have an approved medical/religious exemption) per State of Oregon rules. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required upon hire.
Location: This position is based out of LifeWorks NW's Mountaindale site, Cornelius. Pay/Benefits: $20.00 starting hourly pay PLUS $1.25 per hour (location differential).
This is a part-time position with pro-rated comprehensive benefits.
- Attend to safety and wellbeing of client's children during group and other clinical hours. This may include dressing children, changing diapers, observing, monitoring children's play activities as well as instructing children in health and personal habits such as eating, resting and toilet habits.
- Role model healthy limit setting (structure) and respectful communication (nurture) that fits the child's developmental stage.
- Communicate with children's parents and clinical staff about daily activities, behaviors and related issues.
- Coordinate snacks for children sanitize toys and play equipment.
- Determine material needs of the childcare room and advise manager.
- Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts. Role model interactive communication and assertive discipline (positive reinforcement).
- Plan and develop activities for the children.
- May purchase budgeted supplies for children's room.
- Meets standards for productivity, accuracy/quality of work, customer service and team work as defined in the Performance Evaluation.
- Meets standards for attendance following the department's call-in policy for any unscheduled absences.
- Participate in regular individual and team meetings with supervisor. Attend informational and clinical meetings which may include all staff and team meetings, consultation with other staff and required trainings.
- Continually increase level of cultural sensitivity, awareness and competency.
- Check e-mail/voice mail daily when working, on-line trainings as necessary and accurately complete on-line timesheets.
- High school diploma/GED with coursework in child development strongly preferred.
- 1-3 years previous childcare experience preferred.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Basic computer skills including keyboarding, use of mouse, ability to navigate website and use common web browser.
- Ability to perform essential functions of job without creating a direct threat to the safety of self or others.
LifeWorks NW is a private, non-profit organization providing prevention, mental health, substance use treatment, and related social services to youths, adults, and older adults in over fifteen locations throughout Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties. LifeWorks NW promotes a healthy community by providing quality and culturally responsive mental health and addiction services across the lifespan.
Our core values-Recovery and Relationships, Resilience, and Results-inform the work we do. The four pillars of the strategic vision include Compassionate, Impactful Care, Holistic Health, Passionate Team, and Thriving Organization. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are critical to successfully achieving the mission. We know that "life works" when people get the help they need and are dedicated to changing lives.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09