Residential Security Specialist - PASO
Schedule: Sunday – Wednesday Swing Shift
Job Requisition: 1341
Works a fixed post position in the Facility Central Control Area of the program. Responsible for duties associated with the safety and security of residents and staff and assists Milieu Counselors with some clerical aspects.
The ideal candidates understand the importance program policy and procedure, including the importance of safety and security in a residential setting. They will communicate effectively with the youth, in a tactful and thoughtful manner. The ability to maintain composure during stressful situations is crucial competency in this position.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- At least 21 years of age
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- At least one year of experience working with youth, preferably in a monitored or highly secured, residential facility
- Bilingual in Spanish and English, written, read and verbal strongly preferred
- Experience working in a secure center setting or loss prevention
- Criminal justice coursework
- Pass a DHS criminal history background
- CPR/First Aid certification within 30 days of hire and kept current
- May work outside normal shift hours based on agency needs
STARTING PAY RANGE: $16.38-$17.42 Bilingual: $17.85 - $18.99
Why join us?
- Benefits and Perks – Extensive benefit package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Company provided Life and Long-Term Disability. Paid vacation and sick time. Transportation stipend for employees working at our downtown location.
- We make a difference in our community – At Morrison we provide a comprehensive continuum of mental health, substance abuse and prevention and education services for youth, from birth through age 21. We work with families and communities to make a difference in every child’s life.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: ORR Immigrant Youth Services - PASO
PASO is a mid-level security (staff-secure) residential facility for adolescent boys. The youth are primarily from Latin American countries and occasionally from other areas of the world. They reside in our care, living in a 12- bed residential facility. To ensure the safety of the youth in the program, we maintain stricter security measures, such as higher staff to client ratio for supervision. This placement is for youth who do require a higher level of individualized support, but who are not appropriate for other, more acute, restrictive levels of care. Must be comfortable working with potentially adjudicated youth.
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
- Equity - Assuring all can survive and thrive
Visit our website to learn more about our mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
At Morrison we celebrate diversity. Through our commitment to equity and inclusion, we support our communities to move beyond disparity and oppression and work with compassion, integrity, and dedication to social justice through the implementation of goals and policies. We strive to create an inclusive and anti-racist organization by ensuring that racial identity will not determine or predict the quality of trauma-informed care a child receives; to that effect, we’re looking for candidates who can provide culturally-appropriate care or possess the ability to hold each other and yourself accountable to the diversity and uniqueness of all individuals within Morrison, our clients and our community stakeholders.
External Candidate Process: Please visit: www.morrisonkids.org/careers
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We will keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest!
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.