Seniority Bid Close Date: 2/23/2021 Close Date: 2/26/2021
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.
Central City Concern is seeking a Resident Services Coordinator!!
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday, 9:00am-5:30pm
The Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) assists residents through resources and referrals within designated Central City Concern Fair market and Section 8 Communities. Building community is very important to the success of the Resident Service Coordinator. The RSC will hold community events and meetings to help to build cohesion between tenants. This individual works with residents and staff to find solutions to financial and behavioral problems that if not resolved, would jeopardize the resident’s continued housing.
- Identify resident issues; provide links to resources assisting resident with continued housing.
- Mediation of neighbor disputes and tenant/landlord disputes are the responsibility of the RSC.
- Assist and support residents by information sharing and educating residents about building rules and policies.
- Serve as liaison from specific housing program/residency to service providers, including those directly associated with resident.
- Establish and maintain ongoing communications with Portfolio Manager, working with residents to maintain housing and establish and maintain ongoing communications with Client/Resident Monitors.
- Network with agencies in the community to assist linking residents to resources and participate and help coordinate a monthly tenant council meeting.
- Maintain activity log reflecting resident interaction and prepare required reports in an accurate manner.
- Interview all applicants prior to move in to complete basic needs assessment, ensure they meet building criteria and understand your role in the community in assisting them in meeting their needs.
- Follow up regularly with residents to ensure they are getting these needs met.
- Refer to employment opportunities, supported employment, benefits and entitlements, medical and mental health resources as needed and or desired by the resident.
- Respond to and investigate resident reports of building, community, CCC Process and Procedures and CCC employee issues that arise directly related to the building(s) you are responsible for.
- Create and execute community programs and activities within the building including but not limited to ready to rent, financial literacy, neighborhood safety, potlucks, movie nights and community meetings.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. Advanced education is desirable.
- Knowledge of chemical dependency and treatment required.
- Experience working with people who experience mental illness preferred.
- If a recovering chemically dependent person, a minimum of two years sobriety is required.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and applicable background check.
- Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phones will be provided by Central City Concern.
- If using a vehicle for agency use, must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial driver training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
- 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.