Close Date: Open Until Filled
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC's Blackburn Center is hiring a Program Supervisor for the Recuperative Care Program
The Blackburn Center is an innovative program that offers integrated housing, health care, and employment services with the long term goal of eliminating homelessness. We seek to change how these services are delivered to all people, especially vulnerable populations.
The Recuperative Care Program Supervisor works as a member of and leads a multi-disciplinary team providing intensive case management and care coordination for medically vulnerable adults facing homelessness upon discharge from the hospital.
The team is focused on working with partner hospitals and referring agencies to provide recuperative care for both the acute and
ongoing medical needs of patients at Blackburn, and also providing short-term emergency supportive housing, crisis management, referral to appropriate substance abuse, physical health, and mental health treatment, access to benefits and entitlements, appropriate and affordable housing, and further provide solutions to ending homelessness and self-sufficiency through Central City Concern’s comprehensive approach.
The Supervisor works in conjunction with the Recuperative Care Program manager through providing oversight of daily onsite tasks and workflows, participating in collaboration with community partners, and assuring that best practices of intensive case management and trauma-informed complex care coordination are utilized.
Duties to include:
- Work as a member of the Blackburn Center multi-disciplinary team to deliver comprehensive, client centered and trauma informed integrated services.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement within Blackburn Center workflows and logistics. Participate in review of Blackburn Key Performance Indicators; review and contribute to continuous improvement opportunities and plans.
- Supervise and provide coaching to Recuperative Care case management and housing case management staff.
- Work to maintain quality assurance systems for al tasks associated with program operation.
- Provide feedback and coaching to team members supporting the quality of their work. Provide additional training to Recuperative Care staff as needed to maintain program standards.
- Perform daily and as-needed welfare checks and charting on patients enrolled in the Recuperative Care Program.
- Act as a specialty Mental Health resource for program participants and RCP staff.
- Review hospital charts and medical records and obtain releases from patients to gather collateral information.
- Create patient charts and update CCCER and Centricity (training required) in a timely manner with patient interactions, appointments and encounters.
- Respond to emergency medical situations for program participants as needed and appropriate, complete pre-hospital care reports and incident reports when necessary.
- Provide transportation for patients in CCC vehicle to and from program related appointments, interviews, and hospitals/clinics.
- Represent Recuperative Care within local, regional, and national networks as necessary.
- Participate in compliance, quality assurance, and quality improvement activities as directed.
- Screen and assess patient referrals at Partner Hospitals upon identification of appropriate patients.
- Transport patients from hospital partners to Recuperative Care at admission to program, complete appropriate paperwork and orient new patients to Recuperative Care/CCC services.
- Must meet State guidelines for QMHP and be certified with the appropriate board.
- Current CPR certification required
- At least 1 year progressively responsible experience in clinical leadership, health care or social services operations, or health care business management
- LCSW status is preferred.
- Medical Case Management/Care Coordination/Recuperative Care experience preferred.
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
- Must possess a current driver’s license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training and annual recertification training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000 personal auto liability coverage.
- Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. Cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
- Must be available to work weekends and/or holidays and on-call hours when necessary for the program.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.