This position may be based in Seattle, WA, Washington, D.C. or Geneva, Switzerland
* Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest and ability to fulfill this role.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The global health sector is undergoing a digital transformation in its ongoing commitment to solve health challenges and increase health equity. Our work focuses on supporting countries in using data and digital tools and approaches to accelerate and amplify their health investments, achieve their health outcomes, and increase health impact. An important driver and component of that work is the digital transformation of global health itself. The Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) works with government ministries of health, the private sector, and donors to improve the use of digital technologies and data for improved health services.
Digital Square is one of CoDEs flagship global initiatives. It is led by PATH and funded by multiple donors, including USAID and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, to invest in and mature the field of global digital health. Conceived from the lessons of the inefficiencies and redundancies of prior investments in digital technologies for international development, Digital Square brings global and regional actors together to create a new way of thinking about, and a new way of doing, digital development.
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Engagement Officer to envision, manage, and implement Digital Square’s communications and advocacy strategy. This person will join an amazing, multi-country team with a thriving, innovative culture that has the opportunity to realize extraordinary impact. The Senior Engagement Officer will report directly to CoDE’s Director of Engagement and work closely with a team of communications and advocacy staff spread across PATH offices. Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Digital Square Leadership Team to guide, shape, develop, update, and execute the Initiative’s communication priorities and strategy, including key message development and communications channel prioritization, in line with the Initiative’s overall objectives.
- Act as overall lead for Digital Square’s communication strategy and its execution, through the development, oversight, and assessment of an annual work plan and priority activities – managing the work from concept to completion.
- Ensure communications materials are meeting the needs and requirements of key investors and stakeholders, particularly the US Government and the digital health global goods community.
- Work with technical teams to identify successes and translate into communications materials for external audiences.
- Act as a first-level manager, including delegating, reviewing and approving materials, and supporting the professional development of a direct report.
- Develop, maintain, and build strong internal and external relationships with PATH colleagues, donors, health specialists and advocates, the digital health global goods community, and allied public and private partners.
- Oversee creation and publication of communications and advocacy materials showcasing Digital Square, including social media messaging and campaigns, donor reporting, Board materials, strategic documents, fact sheets, web content, press releases, success stories, scientific publications, blogs, social media content, and policy briefing papers.
- Lead the development and execution of branding, strategy, and marketing plans and policies; develop complementary guidelines for partner organizations.
- Develop a communications training plan for Digital Square team and partner organizations to support understanding of funder reporting requirements, including development and amplification of success stories.
- Identify and support key stakeholders, including Board members, in acting as advocates and spokespeople for Digital Square.
- Oversee media and external communications relationships and ensure that all media and external communications messages and activities are in line with PATH and Digital Square’s communication policies; review content to ensure it is on-brand, consistent in style, quality and tone of voice, and in compliance with Digital Square and funders’ branding, strategy, and marketing policies and requirements.
- Oversee the collection, interpretation, and analysis of communications and advocacy metrics, applying an adaptive management approach to refine and prioritize activities and strategies to improve impact.
- Provide strategic guidance on external events, panels, and partnerships. Ensure engagement activities and materials are in compliance with diversity, equity, and inclusion policies
- Project-manage or collaborate on the production process and work with graphic designers on materials requiring professional design, including ensuring compliance with branding requirements.
- Act as a PATH and Digital Square representative for external events, panels, etc., where needed, including delivering presentations about our work.