The Coalition of Communities of Color (CCC) seeks a highly organized and systems oriented Office Manager to manage the administrative functions of the organization. CCC is a member driven organization that advocates for racial justice by addressing socioeconomic disparities, institutional racism, and inequity of services experienced by our families, children and communities. The ideal candidate will have a combination of experience developing and managing administrative systems, supporting executive staff, supporting financial functions, planning/managing events, and supporting logistics.
Formed in 2001, the CCC is an alliance of culturally-specific and pan-immigrant and refugee community based organizations. The CCC supports a collective racial justice effort through policy analysis and advocacy, culturally-appropriate data and research, and leadership development in communities of color. The Office Manager serves as the central administrative hub of the CCC managing all operational and administrative functions. The Office Manager reports to the Executive Director and works with CCC staff in the daily operations of the CCC.
The general duties of the Office Manager include but are not limited to, the following and will evolve as the CCC continues to grow:
Support of the Executive Director (25%)
· Organizes, schedules and manages meetings and appointments for the Executive Director.
· Support administrative tasks for the Executive Director including: filing, email management, copying, material and meeting preparation, and tasks as requested.
· Staffs board meetings by scheduling, agenda preparation, dissemination of materials, note taking and follow up communication.
· Manage daily email activity
· Assistance with fundraising event logistics and software support.
· Other support duties as assigned.
Office Management (25%)
· Organize and manage office operations and procedures
· Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are properly assigned and monitored
· Establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval and staff transfers
· Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts and office systems
· Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
· Ensure paper and electronic filing systems are maintained and current.
· Maintain office equipment including computers, copier, fax, telephones, etc.
· Maintain and replenish inventory and office supplies
· Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlord, ensuring all items are paid on time.
· Greet visitors and provide general support.
Organizational Communications Support (20%)
· Manage the office to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally and maintain professional image
· Create email and social marketing communications
· Respond to incoming calls and general emails and direct to appropriate parties
· Monitors and addresses all matters of organizational climate and culture;
Meeting Logistics (10%)
· Actively supports meeting logistics to include planning, coordination of space rental, ;
· Schedule meetings in conference room as needed
Finance and Bookkeeping (20%)
· Manage and coordinate all bookkeeping functions of the organization, including payroll preparation.
· Manage and track all administrative check requests and deposits.
· Establish monitor procedures for record keeping
The Office Manager should demonstrate experience and skills in balancing the five aforementioned primary work duty areas and should meet or exceed the following criteria:
· Minimum 2 years office management, administrative or assistant experience.
· Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures.
· Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Attention to detail and problem solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organization and planning skills.
· Proficient in MS Office and Gmail Suite
· Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures.
· Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures.
· Commitment to racial justice and demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people from different cultures and experiences; ability to lead and work with cross-cultural environments and occasionally regionally diverse environments including rural communities
· Ability to develop and build relationships with tribal communities, intergenerational communities, and others.
· Awareness of differences among vulnerable populations and the disparities faced by communities of color
· Ability to learn and build on varying cultural and community norms of diverse CCC communities;
· Associates, Bachelors, or Masters degree in Administration, Organizational Development, Organizational Leadership, Business, Human Resources, or related fields.
· Proficient in software packages related to bookkeeping, administration, statistics or related areas.
Starting salary is $40,000 – $50,000 depending on experience. Paid time off is based on tenure with the organization and is generously accrued. We also provide medical, dental and vision insurance, a Flexible Spending Account, and Life Insurance. Employees may enroll in a 401k retirement plan with employer contribution after one year of employment. We provide an $80/month transportation stipend and a cellphone stipend.
Please send a cover letter and resume via email to . Please submit application materials by August 27, 2018 at 5:00pm.