This is a permanent, part-time (.6 FTE), hourly and non-exempt employment position. The purpose of the Operations Coordinator position is to manage the non-profit Council’s fiscal operations, transparent tracking and financial reporting and to keep the daily office operations of this dynamic non-profit organization running smoothly. Orientation and initial training will be provided by the current Operations Coordinator. Training will begin on April 24 through early June, 2018.
The Calapooia Watershed Council (CWC) was created by residents of the watershed in 1999, and is a community organization that promotes voluntary actions to improve the health of the watershed. The Council earned its 501(c)3 non-profit status in 2008, and currently has a diverse and supportive 11-member Board of Directors and six staff. The Council’s current annual budget is approximately $600K. The forward-thinking and quickly growing Council coordinates a youth watershed education program and numerous high priority river restoration projects each year. www.calapooia.org
Job Responsibilities The Operations Coordinator must be highly organized, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, have a keen attention to detail, while able to effectively manage multiple projects, deadlines, budgets and staff needs.
- Fiscal Administration, Payroll, Grant Management and Contract Development (85%)
- Communication and Council Operations (15%)
See link below for more information.
• Minimum 2 year degree in finance, or non-profit management or related field, or 5 years work experience in this position.
• Demonstrated proficiency with QuickBooks 2015 or equivalent, and MS Office 2010 programs, Excel in particular.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of non-profit financial best practices, human resource best practices, non-profit regulatory compliance and a solid understanding of office and information technology.
• Valid driver’s license and proof of auto liability insurance.
• Non-US citizens must have proof of eligibility to work in the US.
More information at this link http://www.calapooia.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Operations-Coordinator-Job-Opening-2018-final.pdf
To apply, send resume, cover letter and three professional references in a single PDF to: Bessie Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org