MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT OCHIN!
OCHIN is dedicated to creating a healthier future in every community. Our Health IT solutions improve the integration and delivery of health care services across a wide variety of practices—with an emphasis on safety net clinics and small practices.
Here at OCHIN, our goal is simple: to provide solutions that promote access to quality, affordable health care for all. OCHIN believes that each individual, no matter their background or zip code, should have fair opportunity to achieve their full health potential. Our work addresses differences in health that are systemic, avoidable, and unjust. This mission sets us apart from other health technology organizations.
Over the last 20 years, we’ve grown from a small start-up to one of the nation’s largest and most successful Health Information Networks. We are curious, collaborative learners who strive to live our values everyday: leadership, collaboration, excellence, innovation, inclusion and stewardship. At OCHIN we partner, learn, innovate, and advocate in order to close the gap in health for individuals and communities negatively impacted by structural, unconscious, or overt inequities.
The Senior Epic Analyst supports the mission of OCHIN by configuring and supporting clinical applications within the Epic electronic health record (EHR) software for our member clinics. This role consults with members to provide solutions that offer accurate, secure, and efficient patient care and provider workflows, with a focus on quality outcomes for our member organizations. Additionally, members of the team help architect best build paths forward for a variety of complex and varied user needs and internal improvements.
- Perform complex build and configuration in Epic and related products.
- Lead working sessions with OCHIN members to resolve advanced and complex integration work orders.
- Discuss and provide workflow solutions and ensure understanding of the system through hands on training.
- Document build specifications, team processes and complex clinic workflows.
- Work with Developers on complex problems.
- Review and communicate Release Note changes from Epic.
- QA complex builds, Service Update (SU) modifications, and other work orders.
- Collaborate with members from other OCHIN teams to address integration issues.
- Mentor other OCHIN analysts and provide elbow support to clinic staff during Go-Lives and Dress Rehearsals.
- Lead clinical trainings and workgroups for members.
- Mentor, coach and train less experienced analysts.
- Develop and share workflow best practices.
- Travel to support off-site software installations.
- Assist Project Managers in identifying system capabilities.
- Build, design, test, and document functionality of new system features.
- Provide process improvements within your application or team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an Epic Analyst is required.
- Work history in Healthcare IT is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Healthcare Informatics or Computer Science preferred) or a combination of college education and 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Applications. (Teams, Excel, Word etc.).
- A minimum of one certification in outpatient Epic Applications required. (Ambulatory, Resolute Billing, Cadence, Prelude etc.).
Work Location and Travel Requirements
- This position is 100% remote. Work from home requirements are:
- Ability to work independently and efficiently from a home office environment.
- High Speed Internet Service.
- It is a requirement that employees work in a distraction free workplace.
- Travel may be required based on business requirements for OCHIN Go-Live events, 1-2 trips per year.
We offer a comprehensive range of benefits. See our website for details: https://ochin.org/employment-openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement
OCHIN is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills for the benefit of our staff, our mission, and the communities we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, OCHIN, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital or civil union status, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs.