The National Psoriasis Foundation is seeking a motivated, organized individual for an unpaid internship to assist in providing patient services and support for a national health care nonprofit.
The National Psoriasis Foundation’s Patient Navigation Center is a resource and support center for people affected by psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. This internship position would support the work of the Patient Navigation Center and the resources available to assist psoriatic disease patients.
This internship is open for 2019, minimum 12+ hours per week, with the possibility of continuing through the school year pending agreement and interest.
• Research and compile information on specific patient populations to improve the quality and breadth of resources available to help patients overcome barriers to appropriate treatment
• Assist with developing printed/electronic educational materials on treatments, disease information and accessing care affordably
• Research healthcare resources for psoriatic disease patients from across the country (e.g., patient assistance programs, free clinics, specialty clinics, and safety net programs)
• Research community-based resources for prescription assistance and maintain listings in internal staff resource website
• Generate analytic reporting for the Patient Navigation Center and develop analysis of reports
• Input detailed information on physicians into various databases used by the National Psoriasis Foundation
• Assist Patient Navigators with special-topic research and resource gathering for individual patients
• Actively enrolled in or a recent graduate of a college degree program, preferably in community health, public health or health promotion
• Knowledge of community health and interest in nonprofit work and social services
• Solid knowledge of English grammar and punctuation
• Strong writing skills and ability to write clearly and effectively
• Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team, take initiative and follow guidelines
• Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
The National Psoriasis Foundation is the world's largest nonprofit organization serving people with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. Our mission is to drive efforts to cure psoriatic disease and improve the lives of those affected. Please submit your cover letter and resume.
To apply for internship, please visit: https://goo.gl/1GbH2D