The Portland Art Museum (PAM) strives to be an inclusive institution that facilitates respectful dialogue, debate, and the free exchange of ideas. With a deep commitment to artists – past and present – and freedom of expression, the Museum and Northwest Film Center’s collections, programs and staff aspire to reveal the beauty and complexities of the world, and create a deeper understanding of our shared humanity. We are a Museum for all, inviting everyone to connect with art through their own experiences, voices, and personal journeys. The Northwest Film Center (NWFC), a sister organization to the Museum, is a regional media arts resource and service organization founded to encourage the study, appreciation, and utilization of the moving image arts, foster their artistic and professional excellence, and to help create a climate in which they may flourish. PAM and the NWFC are committed to advancing equity and inclusion by creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will continue learning as we work to evolve as an Institution, recognizing that this journey has no end and our commitment must remain. We have an active equity team currently engaged in a year-long journey to examine our internal culture and the work we do through an equity lens. We look forward to having all colleagues join and contribute to this important work. Learn more at https://portlandartmuseum.org/about/mission/. This is a temporary, full-time position assisting the Exhibition Program Manager & Programmer in receipt, testing, and movement of films between theaters and tracking incoming and outgoing shipments for the 42nd Portland International Film Festival. This position is full-time (35 hours/week) and includes weekends and evenings. The compensation is budgeted at $16.00 per hour. This position is eligible for a variety of perks such as free Museum admission, Gift Shop discounts, and screenings at the NW Film Center. Please see our website for more details. The Portland Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Closing Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 4 pm
PAM and the NWFC are equal opportunity employers, committed to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political belief, disability or any other legally protected status. We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, PAM and the NWFC will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the application, interview, and hiring process. Alternative formats of this application are available upon request. If reasonable accommodation or an alternative form of this application are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.276.4358.
Each section and question must be fully and accurately answered, please state N/A if not applicable. No action will be taken on an incomplete application. We recognize and respect the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via email status updates (and text messages, if you opt in) throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
Human Resources Department
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
Our company participates in the Department of Homeland Security E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program. To learn more about this program and your rights, please click one or more of the following links
E-Verify Participation Poster in English Poster en español sobre Participación E-Verify Right to Work Poster in English Información en español sobre el Derecho a Trabajar JOB DESCRIPTION
This is a temporary, full-time position assisting the Exhibition Program Manager & Programmer in receipt, testing, and movement of films between theaters and tracking incoming and outgoing shipments for the 42nd Portland International Film Festival.
This position is full-time (35 hours/week) and includes weekends and evenings. The compensation is budgeted at $16.00 per hour. This position is eligible for a variety of perks such as free Museum admission, Gift Shop discounts, and screenings at the NW Film Center. Please see our website for more details.
The Portland Art Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 4 pmRESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the movement and receipt of films via Digital Cinema Package (hereafter DCP); validate DCPs with specialized Linux-based software; work in close collaboration with Exhibition Program Manager to ensure all films are ready for festival exhibition in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate the delivery of films (via source DCPs and/or festival equipment) to festival venues; track the progress of ingest, test, and playback at all venues, working in close collaboration with those venues’ technical staff.
- Assist in the organization and maintenance of logistical information for incoming and outgoing films, including technical and shipping information.
- Prepare DCPs for outbound shipping to various international and domestic locations.
- Perform pickup and delivery of films as necessary between Film Center office and Whitsell Auditorium, other outside venues, and external couriers as necessary.
- Additional Job Functions:
- Other duties as assigned
- Effectively perform all the essential job functions of the position.
- Willing to lift 25 pounds.
- Knowledge of Mac and Linux operating systems, Google Apps, email.
- Familiarity with Digital Cinema Initiative (DCI) specifications; digital cinema projection equipment; video color spaces, codecs, and containers; hard drive formats; international shipping protocols.
- Communicate effectively in person, by email and by telephone; meet deadlines; work under pressure with accuracy; exercise sound judgment and work with minimal supervision; graciously handle unforeseen situations as they arise.
- Some digital cinema projection experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of independent and foreign film is preferred.
- Valid Oregon Drivers’ License and reliable automobile transportation.
- Work collaboratively in an equitable and inclusive framework with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- The position is eligible for a variety of perks such as free Museum admission, Gift Shop discounts, and screenings at the NW Film Center. Please see our website for more details.