*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases (MNTD) program, as a leader in the effort to end malaria illnesses and deaths, refines and develops tools and approaches, supports national programs, and builds evidence and data to empower national governments to pursue malaria elimination. This position will also work closely with PATH Center for Malaria Control and Elimination (CMCE) which brings together leaders from across our malaria portfolio to pursue cross-cutting initiatives.
We are seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented individual with strong problem solving and analytical skills to support the Seattle-based MNTD portfolio leadership. This role will report to the Senior Program Manager and support program strategy and execution. The role entails working with an entrepreneurial mind-set and self-motivation. The candidate must be able to function independently, be flexible, and have strong commitment to excellence. This will involve attending calls and meetings with leadership, tracking action items and requests, developing technical materials as needed for meetings and presentations, partner with others across MNTDs, CMCE, and other PATH programs, to resource various activities, and ensure follow up.
The program associate is a critical member of the agile and dynamic portfolio management team and will work across several projects. A successful candidate will have a background/ interest in global health, be highly motivated and hard working with exceptional organizational, problem-solving, decision-making, and communication skills. This role will rely on strong skills in building collaborations, partnering with broad stakeholder groups, working across global projects and teams, clear communication (verbal and written), and strong time and people management.
- Support project planning, work plan development and monitoring, and reporting to ensure effective communications between donors, country teams, program partners, and the global MNTD team
- As needed, provide ad hoc project management support to the MNTD portfolio, and contribute to program development initiatives
- Coordinate routine donor reporting and deliverable development and lead preparation for internal or donor required project stage gates
- Contribute to the development and pursuit of new opportunities, including program design, proposal writing and other related tasks
- Contribute to the design and drafting of research findings, publications, project updates, tool kits, guidance documents, presentations, and donor reports
- Develop reports and presentation decks for sensitizing internal and external stakeholders about the projects/ programs
- Assist in the development of project communications for PATH leadership and donors
- Collaborate closely with PATH Communications and Marketing colleagues to develop regular and ad hoc project communications and for external audiences as well as PATH leadership and donors
- Support the Senior Program Manager to pursue opportunities for collaboration with other PATH teams, helping to build a cross-cutting approach to PATH malaria’s work
- Support the Senior Program Manager with additional tasks as needed