ABOUT SMITH & CONNORS
We are a boutique agency (read: small and passionate) comprised of three Partners, a handful of employees, and a talented mix of freelancers. We design and build strategic brands and websites for businesses and organizations on a mission. You can learn more about us and our work at www.smithandconnors.com.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Are you both detail-oriented and creative, with an impeccable sense of humor? Do you love design and technology? Do you yearn to collaborate with designers and developers while keeping them on track to bring great work into the world? Are you great with clients, using your astute emotional intelligence to balance client demands against strategy and budget? Then we like you and you might like working with us.
We are looking for someone who can quickly and fearlessly step into the very big shoes of one of our beloved Producers, knowing that your past experiences, resourcefulness and can-do attitude will allow you to take on any challenge that comes your way. We are also looking for that special personality that is strong enough to lead teams and manage client relationships, but collaborative enough to enjoy working closely with our Directors (Creative, Strategy, and Technology) to solve problems. We are a tight-knit environment and culture serving society’s change makers. As such, big egos won’t work well here, nor will those who don’t enjoy working in close proximity to others.
- Lead multiple projects through the discovery, strategy, design, and production phases. Many of our projects are complex and digitally-centric (think web design and development) while some are purely creative (deep strategy, branding, collateral design, etc).
- Communicate with clients, fielding feedback, questions, and scope creep—keeping them in-the-know through a tailored approach to tracking reviews and deadlines. Manage each project’s scope and timeline to keep it on track and on budget.
- Strategically manage studio PM tools, such as Trello, Asana, Harvest, SmartSheets, etc.
- Work with the Creative, Strategy, and Tech Directors as the quality control police, assessing all deliverables and client-facing communications before they make their leap into the world.
YOU MUST BE:
- Extremely detail-oriented and passionate about process, relishing the minute details of complex projects with fastidious QA.
- A fabulous communicator—both with clients and as a part of our team. We value thoughtfully written emails and conscientious verbal communication.
- A leader who loves rallying the troops, steering the ship, and other metaphors.
- Excited about working with designers, writers, clients, developers, people.
- A native to interactivity in mobile and web formats.
- Serious when necessary but able to enjoy a good laugh.
- Able to identify and escalate potential problems before they arise.
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE WITH US
- Elevate organizations on a mission
- Deliver iconic brands
- Create beautiful websites with stellar user experiences and admin ease
- 5+ years as a Producer in a design or development agency
- Multidisciplinary production experience preferred
- Proficiency with leading PM tools
- History of delivering projects on time and on budget
This position is in Portland, OR. You would work at our studio, currently located at SE Hawthorne and 42nd. You must be located in Portland for this position, we are not considering relocation applicants for this job. There is flexibility to work from home on occasion but that would not be the norm.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org