SCOPE & GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Work with the team to develop products that continually improve the learning experience for IT professionals.
- Develop and maintain a clear vision of the product, taking into account the learner (the end user, the customer, etc.) and all stakeholders.
- Understand both the engineering and business side of the software tools, applications, and services that are mission critical to the success of CBT Nuggets initiatives.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Strongly support CBT Nuggets core values and tenets (https://www.cbtnuggets.com/story)
- Respect for people and their time.
- Friendly, direct communication.
- Passion for what we do. Emphasis on continual improvement.
- Ensure rapid development time for new features and products as well as provide support for those features and products.
- Ensure our customers’ best interest is kept at the forefront of all decisions.
- This is a learning company; you will be expected to learn new things on the job and continuously improve your skills.
- Excel in a collaborative team environment.
- Work with marketing, product design, and other stakeholders to translate business requirements into user stories.
- Work with the team to ensure the vision for the product is understood.
- Maintain, refine, and prioritize the product backlog.
- Discern “must have” versus “nice to have” features and engage with stakeholders through the prioritization process.
- Ensure the design, usability, quality, and delivery of the product.
- Ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the development lifecycle.
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout all stages of the product lifecycle.
- Act as the key decision maker on priorities and design decisions.
- Act as the ambassador for the product both internally and externally.
- Act as the primary technical contact for inquiries related to the product.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize user stories to focus on maximizing value.
- Technical competencies:
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where things change quickly.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts and designs to non-developers.
- Strong understanding of the Agile Scrum framework.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Attitude required:
- Be honest and value integrity.
- Treat all co-workers with respect.
- Understand and appreciate the value of teamwork.
- Care about the mission of CBT Nuggets.
- Be passionate about our learners’ success.
- Be comfortable with autonomy and be a self-starter.
- Be eager to learn and grow in your professional life.
- Skills that are required:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of comparable experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively maintain and refine the product backlog.
- Ability to ensure clearly defined acceptance criteria for user stories. Knowledge and understanding of effective Agile Scrum processes.
- Skills that are preferred but not required:
- Ability to inspire and motivate the team to deliver great work with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Promote continuous improvement.
CBT NUGGETS MISSION
...to continually improve the learning experience for IT professionals.
CBT NUGGETS FAVORITE QUOTES
“It’s amazing what you can accomplish when you don’t care who gets the credit.”
“Be honest, direct, and real.”
“What would you do if you weren’t afraid?”
“Life should be better tomorrow than it is today.”
- What you say doesn’t matter nearly as much as what you do. Prove to us that you have passion, attention to detail, a good work ethic, and are an independent thinker through your preparation for the interview. Imagine yourself as already having the job and focus on telling us how you will help CBT Nuggets accomplish its mission with your help.
- Sign up for the free trial and learn about the CBT Nuggets offering. Every teammate at CBT Nuggets has to understand our customer and our product. Prepare as if you’re already on the team.
- Don’t be nervous, there’s no reason to be. If you feel nervous, channel that energy into a better use.
- Smile, and enjoy the process.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- This position is a full-time (40 hours per week) salaried position, exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Compensation is dependent on attitude and ability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without written notice.
If you understand the value of hard work and you’re passionate about both the mission of CBT Nuggets and your role in it, then CBT Nuggets will be a very rewarding career opportunity for you.
CBT Nuggets provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CBT Nuggets complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
CBT Nuggets expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CBT Nuggets’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
CBT Nuggets actively maintains and regularly updates its Affirmative Action Program.