Maxwell is seeking a contract production graphic designer to help our experienced team with brand material layout and design. This assignment is for approximately three months and will involve working 20 or more hours per week in Maxwell’s design studio. The production graphic designer will help develop and maintain consistent brand image, standards and identity across all materials during production phases. Must be able to properly package files for print in a tidy manner inclusive of all components and files following set file-naming conventions and cataloging of creative assets.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work with our creative team to design communication materials:
o Print assets (packaging, brochures, ads, signs, direct mail, newsletters, websites, brochures, newsletters, digital and print ads, booklets, fliers, and much more)
o Digital assets (web design, video, motion graphics, and social media content)
· Photo editing and retouching
· Build files to correct color space and specification (bleeds, dies, spot colors, etc for printing and file size, dims and settings for digital executions)
· Contribute to idea sessions with designers and account managers
· Keep up to date with design trends in marketing and creative communications
· High level of attention to detail while working quickly and the ability to proof your own work
· Complete design projects based on initial design concepts and/or existing templates
· Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or 2+ years in professional design, preferably with a marketing or creative agency
· High level of proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom and Illustrator
· Understanding and appreciation of typography and color selection
· Understanding of best practices for all mediums (digital and print)
· Experience with print specifications, file management and setup
· Strong typographic and content layout skills
· Experience with other Adobe programs such as Premier, After Effects, etc. a plus
· Experience working with WordPress platform a plus
Ability to multitask is a must within our collaborative team structure and open work environment with varied noise and distraction levels.
Send cover letter, resume and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference production graphic designer in the subject line of your email message.