Title: Database Manager
Reports to: Vice President-Strategic Engagement and Communication
Status: 1.0 FTE; full-time, salaried exempt.
Compensation: Annual Salary Range: $ 48,500 to $ 52,500 annually. DOE. Excellent benefits package.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
All Hands Raised (AHR): Do you want to work in an environment that puts children and racial educational equity front and center? Join the All Hands Raised team who believes that transforming children to reach their academic potential is the job of the entire community. That is why, with a focus on racial equity in education, we relentlessly and systematically connect our community’s diverse assets from cradle-to-career in seven work areas. All Hands Raised is working to improve the lives of the 220,463 young people aged 0-24 in Multnomah County; and in turn the economic vitality of the region. Be part of a committed and talented team at All Hands Raised, who has been named by Oregon Business magazine as one of the 100 Best Non-Profits to Work for in Oregon. Learn more at www.allhandsraised.org.
Position Summary: The Database Manager will support the internal systems, technologies and procedures of the development department by managing all aspects of the donor database. The Database Manager has to demonstrate an ambitious professional interest in the systems associated with running an expanding fundraising program and must understand the importance of entering timely and accurate data, enjoy continuous improvement for the database system, appreciate the need to use discretion and be accountable for this essential AHR core function. This position will work in close, daily partnership with the Vice President of Strategic Engagement and Communication and collaborate with other AHR departments on a regular basis.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage current Raiser’s Edge and Raiser’s Edge NXT CRM and serve as staff expert.
- Responsible for data hygiene, including data auditing and cleansing, and recommending data hygiene screenings and other initiatives to improve data quality.
- Responsible for data tracking and maintenance, including constituent management, data imports, gift and pledge entry/processing, and timely gift acknowledgment, with an emphasis on accuracy and consistency.
- Serve as the point person for generating reports, queries, exports, mailing lists, email lists and donor listings from Raiser’s Edge, including familiarity with complex reports.
- Create and maintain reporting standards, including data definitions/data dictionary.
- Ensure that online appeals are fully integrated with Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Work collaboratively with the finance team to support the production of monthly financial statements and manage the monthly revenue reconciliation process and troubleshoot any revenue reconciliation issues that may arise.
- Provide and distribute weekly, monthly and quarterly non-program revenue reports and appropriately update the donor database in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all campaign reporting, including progress to goals, dashboards, reports, and all other campaign-related information from the database.
- Implement and maintain portfolio management, grants management, and major gift tracking systems
- Be proactive regarding daily database issues. Be willing and able to solve data problems or conflicts through personal initiative.
- Train applicable staff in use of the database and all standard departmental procedures. Manage the database security and user permissions
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Readiness: All Hands Raised understands that there are many ways to determine professional readiness. Our goal is to take a comprehensive look at each application and assess alignment with the needs of the organization understanding that previous training and experience is a critical factor to consider. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, experience and leadership competencies and consideration will be given to candidates who live outside of the Portland metro area.
Qualifications and Experience
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience that is aligned with job duties.
- Minimum of two years RE and RE NXT database experience required, or minimum six years’ experience with other donor databases.
- Possesses an extraordinary attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to interpret and explain data analytics to team members.
- Experienced in systems level thinking and is competent in communicating complex procedures to
- Competency in managing a large volume of tasks independently, balancing competing priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in managing confidential donor information.
- Commitment to the racial educational equity in education mission of AHR coupled with a passion for public education and compassion for families and children of all cultures, neighborhoods and
- Must adhere to the highest ethical standards, demonstrate an empathetic disposition and perseverance, and convey sensitivity to the needs of donors, staff and volunteers.
- Enjoys working in a development department with high functioning fundraisers; team-focused, must enjoy and be successful at working on teams and able to roll up one’s sleeves and make things happen as an individual.
- Comfort multi-tasking multiple deadlines and projects and follow through.
- Strong problem-solving skills: a go-getter who works flexibly and is focused on fixing problems as they arise.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills who builds productive working relationships with staff based on respect and good rapport, and has a flexible demeanor and sense of humor under
- Demonstrate understanding of racial equity through lived or learned experience.
APPLICATION PACKET: HOW TO APPLY
Submit the following application materials to Lisa Dungan Roth, Vice President-Strategic Engagement and Communication via email: email@example.com. The position will be open until filled.
1. A one-page cover letter describing how your qualifications and professional experience aligns with the job description.
2. A resume (not to exceed two pages in length).
All Hands Raised is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, disability, veteran, current or future military status, sexual orientation, marital stature, AIDS, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions. This position offers a competitive compensation package including health benefits and generous paid time off. A flexible work schedule is possible within regular business hours. For more information about our organization please see www.allhandsraised.org.