Close Date: 1/17/2021 (Seniority Bid Close Date: 1/12/2021)
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.
Central City Concern is seeking a Maintenance Worker I I!
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
1. Upkeep of 20+ older buildings, most located in the Old Town/China Town area.
2. Maintain water, heater, boiler and HVAC systems.
3. Service, repair, and replace various plumbing and electrical equipment and apparatus.
4. Keep buildings in code with upkeep and repair of fire life safety equipment including smoke detectors, emergency lighting, etc.
5. Perform small remodeling projects with basic construction skills including, but not limited to, carpentry, framing, finish work, tile, carpet laying and wall preparation.
6. Perform occasional cleanout and basic demolition work in preparation of rehabilitation work.
7 Load and unload trucks
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Three years building maintenance or rehabilitation experience, including maintenance of inventory
3. Must possess a current drivers license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an
“acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an
initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification
5. If a recovering chemically dependent person, must be currently clean and sober.
6. Must be able to work in environmental conditions including weather, dust, dirt, fumes and
7. Must have basic computer skills.
8. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
9. Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, pull, reach and lift heavy objects.
10. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees!
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
- 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long Term Disability Insurance!
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
***Uploading a cover letter and resume to your application is preferred for this opportunity.***