Mental Health Therapist
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Req: 1303
Morrison Child & Family Services is seeking a Community-Based Mental Health Therapist (MHT) who is passionate about working with youth, adolescents, and their families. This position provides intensive specialized mental health services for children, adolescents, and their families in need of stabilization and diversion away from psychiatric hospitalization and residential placement.
**** Due to the pandemic, this position is temporarily working remotely, providing services via telehealth for the foreseeable future. ****
Keeping our staff safe is a priority at Morrison. During the Pandemic, our Mental Health Therapists will have the option to work remotely. To safeguard information, work laptops and company cell phones will be provided. If the MHT prefers to work onsite - an office at our Portland Outpatient clinic will be made accessible for use.
When it is safe to resume in-person services, the Community-Based MHT will provide in-home and community-based comprehensive and individualized services. Community-Based Mental Health Therapists provide individual and family therapy in a community setting, as well as crisis response and safety planning. They complete mental health assessments, and risk screenings and maintain the clinical record for each client and ensuring the clinical record meets all compliance standards.
Our therapists are trained and supported to provide individual, family and group therapy modalities, along with active case management and advocacy. Incredible Years, Seeking Safety and ARC model trainings are offered, along with active supervision and consultation groups. Overall, we strive to be inclusive and supportive, while providing care that is developmentally targeted and trauma informed
Licensure supervision is available in house! Training in alcohol and drug services is also possible if interested, as is working toward CADC credentialing.
- Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field
- Experience working with children and adolescents in a mental health, social services, educational, or other related setting
- Other Requirements:
- Able to pass criminal history background check
- Ability to work outside regularly scheduled business hours; staff will be in an On Call rotation 1 week every 6-8 weeks
- We are considered an essential service; therefore, it is possible that under extenuating circumstances an MHT may be asked to provide services in-person.
If this occurs, the agency will take appropriate precautions to ensure the safety of staff and client
- Must pass language testing – applies only to bilingual staff receiving bilingual pay differential
- Must hold valid driver’s license— Oregon or Washington within 30 days of hire
- Must maintain minimum auto insurance policy
- Valued Experience:
- Bilingual in Spanish, both written and spoken
- Current Oregon or other state Licensed Mental Health Professional
- Two years direct treatment experience with children and/or adolescents in a mental health setting
- CADC I, preferred
Starting Pay Range:
Community Based Mental Health Therapist: $22.80 - 27.19
Community Based Mental Health Therapist (Bilingual): $24.64-$29.37
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about our mission and history. and our strategy. for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve
*** If viewing job through a job board without enabled links please visit: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Mental Health Therapist – Community Based” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Mental Health Therapist – Community Based
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We will keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest!
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.