**Recruiting to fill two positions**
Candidates may be based in one of the following offices and work authorization is required: Kenya, Nairobi; Malawi, Lilongwe; Senegal, Dakar; Switzerland, Geneva; US-DC, San Francisco, Seattle
This position is funded through May, 2022, and is likely to be extended.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties. PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Market Dynamics program is currently recruiting for an associate who is seeking to grow their career while making a difference in people’s lives. Specifically, the associate will support the following teams/projects:
- The Medical Device Portfolio within the Market Dynamics Program is growing its work increasing safe access to oxygen therapy and expand work to a broader set of priority medical devices.
- The associate will work with Market Dynamics team members and other programs within PATH to define problems, conduct analyses, and apply findings to address market failures that restrict access to life-saving products and interventions.
A successful Market Dynamics Associate will bring expertise in the following areas, with the potential for on-the-job learning in additional facets of market dynamics.
- Analyze primary program data and secondary data sources, including cataloguing relevant external research and literature to generate insights and provide strategic direction.
- Collaborate with global PATH programs to develop primary qualitative and quantitative research on global health product offerings (vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, and in particular medical devices), price levels, policies, distribution models, manufacturing capabilities, and other supply-related questions.
- Analyze and develop market intervention strategies for target markets in global health to inform decisions of governments, donors, and other stakeholders. Contribute to reports or presentations to donors or stakeholders that are persuasive and compelling and supported by analytical thinking.
- Diagnose why a market may fail to produce efficiency or equity using data. Design actionable strategies for the market to function in a way that produces more health equity and health impact.
Technical product analysis
- Analyze target product specifications and develop use cases or frameworks for health-related equipment and management tools and advise teams on product selection or procurement.
- Support the evaluation of innovative and novel products for their suitability, health impact potential, and compatibility with existing systems.
- If necessary, collaborate with regulatory bodies to ensure product procurements are appropriate for demand.
Data modeling and market analytics
- Develop and use a range of standardized tools, frameworks, and modeling approaches and establish best practices for various types of analyses/models.
- Conduct and/or contribute to landscaping efforts and create data visualizations to foster their interpretation for country or global stakeholder presentations. Co-present findings to internal or external audiences.
- Support database design and management for supply chain and market analysis.