Close Date: 7/1/2021
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through innovative outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC’s Hooper Detox Center is seeking On-Call Sub-Acute Technicians! This is a continuous job posting to build our applicant pool for current vacancies and/or future full-time, part-time, and variable on-call shifts. Shifts available now!
On Call employees must work at least once in every 6 month period to remain active on payroll.
Hooper Detox provides both inpatient and outpatient withdrawal management and stabilization services for people seeking treatment for substance use disorders. Many of the staff at Hooper are in recovery themselves and have experienced the challenges that come with withdrawal and early stabilization. They serve as reminders that recovery is possible and often provide the first rays of hope for the long journey ahead.
This position provides support for the Nursing staff in caring for and monitoring of patients during the Subacute detoxification process.
Duties will include:
- Provide support in maintaining a calm, quiet and orderly Subacute environment by utilizing verbal and physical de-escalations skills.
- Attend RN shift report when requested. Give shift report to the oncoming staff.
- Work closely with the RN during the admissions process to facilitate a time and procedure effective admission for each patient upon their arrival to the Subacute area.
- Provide each patient admitted with appropriate information and program orientation.
- Assist RN by taking patient’s vital signs as requested, record and chart per procedure during medication pass. Inform nursing staff of any unusual vital signs.
- Must read and write English and have legible handwriting.
- Current CPR certification by first day of employment
- Have a moderate level of computer literacy including MS Office products.
- If a recovering chemically dependent person must be in a program of recovery and able to provide documentation of sobriety a minimum of two years.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. 11. The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the previous 3 years a DUI conviction or diversion, a felony conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.