Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Central City Concern!
Since 1979, the Portland Community has trusted Central City Concern (CCC) to help people create meaningful, long-term change. Every year, we serve more than 13,000 people experiencing, or at risk-of, homelessness with affordable and supportive housing, person-centered health care, addiction recovery and employment assistance. By providing health care, housing and jobs, CCC is ending homelessness in Portland and helping people achieve their highest potential.
Join Central City Concern's Hooper Detox Center as an On-Call Nurse (RN or LPN)!
***Note: This is a continuous job posting to build our applicant pool for current vacancies and/or future full-time, part-time, and variable on-call shifts. Shifts available now! On Call employees have availability for at least 4 shifts/month, but expectation is to pick up at least 1 shift a month.***
- RN: $50.57/hour
- LPN: $26.78/hour
Hooper Detox provides both inpatient and outpatient withdrawal management and stabilization services for people seeking treatment for substance use disorders. Many of the staff at Hooper are in recovery themselves and have experienced the challenges that come with withdrawal and early stabilization. They serve as reminders that recovery is possible and often provide the first rays of hope for the long journey ahead.
This position provides direct patient care for a medically monitored 24 hour 7 day a week 60- bed detoxification and stabilization center.
Duties will include:
- Provide direct care and delegate care of patients as indicated by patient needs.
- Administer medications and treatments as directed by the standing orders and/or by a physician. Utilize Pyxis and maintain electronic bed list.
- Observe and record pertinent information with regard to the care and condition of patients.
- Make referrals to hospitals and other agencies.
- Provide patient care and other work related directives for Subacute Technicians.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (REQUIRED)
***In order to be formally considered for the role of On-Call Nurse, ensure you meet the following minimum requirements***
- Required: Completion of an accredited two, three or four year course of training for nurses.
- Valid RN license, as issued by the State of Oregon's Board of Nursing OR
- Valid LPN license
- Required: Must have current Basic Life Support (CPR/BLS) certification before first day of employment
- Required: Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check. The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the previous 3 years a DUI conviction or diversion, a felony conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the position.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.