Job Location: Davis St Office - Portland, OR
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,452.00 Salary/year
Cascade AIDS Project is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. People of color, women, LGBTQ+ individuals and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Cascade AIDS Project (CAP) is the oldest and largest AIDS Service Organization (ASO) in Oregon and Southwest Washington, as well as a Federally Qualified Health Center (Look-A-Like) that provides the LGBTQ+ community and beyond with compassionate healthcare. CAP’s mission is to promote well-being and advance equity by providing inclusive health and wellness services for LGBTQ+ people, people affected by HIV, and all those seeking compassionate care. Our House provides integrated health and housing services to people with HIV. Guided by compassion, we provide 24-hour specialized care, supportive services, and independent housing support services. To learn more about us at www.capnw.org, www.prismhealth.org, and www.ourhouseofportland.org.
CAP is excited to announce that we are hiring an experienced Operations Coordinator. The Operations Coordinator manages CAP’s Davis St. and SW Washington operations, facilities, and office-related functions while performing various technical and administrative support work for the Operations & IT Services team while interacting with staff across the agency. Must be able to translate end-user problems into technical language and vice versa. Responsibilities require tact, discretion, judgment, and a thorough knowledge of agency policies and procedures. Plays a vital role in maximizing the efficiency of various support services such as building management/security and facility coordination. This role is expected to conduct their work with respect, a demonstrable commitment to ethical conduct, and adhere to and uphold CAP’s policies.
This full-time position reports to the Deputy Director of Operations & IT Services and will primarily work out of CAP’s Portland office at Davis St. and assist with CAP’s other locations in SW Washington, Prism Health, and Our House as appropriate. Occasional evening and weekend work is required.
NOTE: This is a non-management, union-represented position. The compensation, benefits, and conditions of work for this position are collectively bargained.
COMPENSATION: $50,452 annually
Successful candidates will have:
- Strong attention to detail and dedication to accuracy.
- Excellent organizational skills – Capacity to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, innate problem solver
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a calm, courteous demeanor and ability to communicate technical/complex information to end users.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated while performing job requirements
- Ability to plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to help configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust, and credibility; and respond to emergencies effectively.
- Active listener and demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders, including Operations & IT Services team members and colleagues in other departments
CAP is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
Any non-temporary full-time or part-time employee (working .5FTE or greater) is considered eligible for the benefits below:
Vacation + Leave + Other
- 16 days of paid vacation (128 hours) each year for the first two years of employment
- 21 days of paid vacation (168 hours) each year of employment beginning in year three
- 12 days of paid health leave per year
- 12.4 paid holidays per year
- Longevity bonus – two weeks of paid leave on the fourth anniversary, must be used within two years after the date awarded. Additional longevity bonuses are awarded at eight-year and 12-year anniversaries
- Continue Education Reimbursement
- Cell Phone Reimbursement (if not assigned a company phone)
- Pre-Tax Transportation Program
- 401(k) Plan – CAP matches employee contributions up to 3% of salary, this benefit includes on-call and per diem staff
- Flexible Spending Account to set aside employee pre-tax dollars for unreimbursed medical and dependent expenses.
- Medical and vision insurance – premiums fully paid by CAP for employees (Kaiser Permanente)
- Dental insurance – premiums fully paid by CAP for employees (Lincoln or Willamette Dental)
- Voluntary supplemental vision insurance (Lincoln)
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
Life Insurance + Disability + Family Leave
- Life Insurance ($100,000) and AD&D insurance – premiums fully paid by CAP for the employee (Mutual of Omaha)
- Long-term disability insurance (Mutual of Omaha)
- Short-term disability insurance (Mutual of Omaha)
Loan Forgiveness Programs – Employees are eligible to apply to the following programs
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Oregon Health Care Provider Loan Repayment Program (licensed and unlicensed providers)
- Scholars for a Healthy Oregon Initiative (SHOI) Program
- At least 2 years experience in various operations and facilities functions with a good customer service record.
- Knowledge of operating systems, current equipment, and technologies in use.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency in O365 software (SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and internet research.
- Desire and ability to engage in equity initiatives and discussions in the workplace, including but not limited to: engaging in training workshops, team and department meetings, and critical discussions for how CAP can better serve the communities we are a part of.
- A strong commitment to CAP’s mission and the values and principles of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI).
- Successful experience working with ethnically, racially, economically, and sexually diverse populations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Office Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, or related discipline; or equivalent experience and/or Certifications.
- Ability to use technological tools and business system applications to manage, synthesize, and interpret data relevant to workloads, responsibilities, problem identifications, and resolutions
- Experience with Microsoft 365, Acrobat Reader, and PDF editing tools.
Knowledge of operating systems, including Microsoft Windows 10 (or newer).
- Lived experience of systemic oppression and non-dominant cultures. From Black, Indigenous, and other people of color; transgender non-binary, and other LGBTQ+ people; and people with disabilities, including HIV.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing equity in workplace or community settings
CAP cares about the safety of our team members and clients. All new employees are required to provide proof of vaccination status to HR at the time of hire (unless a documented medical or religious exemption is requested and approved). Employees not subject to a state or federal vaccine mandate will be required to undergo regular testing for COVID-19 at no cost to the employee.