PATH is currently recruiting for a Senior Program Assistant (SPA) who will provide administrative support to a portfolio of projects in the Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access (CVIA) division. The SPA will be a team member on projects in CVIA, including vaccine introduction and development projects, and cross-program activities within CVIA, as assigned.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access (CVIA) brings together our expertise across every stage of the long and complex process of vaccine research, development, and delivery to make lifesaving vaccines widely available to children and communities across the world. CVIA’s current portfolio encompasses more than two dozen vaccines either in development or already in use to protect against fifteen different diseases. Our focus is on vaccines to address the leading diseases that claim children’s lives worldwide: pneumonia, diarrheal disease, and malaria; as well as other global health priorities, such as polio and meningitis. We work in partnership with national health ministries, pharmaceutical manufacturers, donors, international financing and regulatory organizations, and many others. PATH has led numerous global partnerships, including the award-winning Meningitis Vaccine Project and the Malaria Vaccine Initiative, which helped develop the first malaria vaccine candidate recommended for pilot implementation.
- Assist one or more CVIA teams with correspondence containing complex and confidential communications to internal and external contacts. Where appropriate, draft responses or triage queries or issues to other team members for response. Ensure timely flow of information and materials.
- Provide administrative support in the proofreading, formatting, and document management of proposals, reports, work plans, and other documents. Create review timelines for key documents with multiple collaborators. Compile reference lists for manuscripts and other externally facing documents.
- Organize and collate project information to support development of project reports to funders and facilitate report submission according to funder requirements.
- Coordinate and manage travel arrangements for team members and consultants.
- Assist team finance representative with administrative tasks as requested.
- Assist with completion of administrative forms as required, including travel forms, check requests, meal conference forms, etc.
- Manage scheduling and planning of meetings, including compiling and organizing relevant background materials, assist with drafting and distributing agendas and minutes, and monitoring follow-up activities such as decisions, action items and other tasks as requested.
- Ensure that logistics for meetings, workshops, and other events are arranged. This includes preparing meeting materials, arranging web conferences using appropriate platforms, making catering arrangements, making room reservations, maintaining participant lists, and assisting with guest arrangements.
- Ensure that project team communication and information systems, including SharePoint, BOX, Smartsheet, and any other electronic and paper filing systems, are in place and are regularly maintained. Serve as the primary point of contact to assist team members with filing and locating key project documents.
- Support the project manager in driving the project team to maintain project deadlines.
- Assist team members with support in using various software programs. Liaise with Information Technology department to resolve hardware and software problems.
- Serve as member of the CVIA’s administrative team to ensure smooth coordination of team schedule and project activities among the different offices. Provide back up for other CVIA Program Assistants.