Mental Health Therapist – Oregon City Outpatient
Oregon City, OR
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Requisition: 1311
***SIGN ON BONUS OF $1,000 AVAILABLE!!!***
(See pay details below)
The Mental Health Therapist provides outpatient mental health and/or substance use treatment services for children, adolescents, and their families, in a clinic setting. The responsibilities include assessments, treatment planning, individual, family, and group therapy. Therapists work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and represent the organization and its values.
Licensure supervision is available! Training in alcohol and drug services is also possible if interested, as is working toward CADC credentialing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides services for clinic-based programs; individual, group, and family therapy. Completes all clinical documentation in accordance with state, federal and organizational requirements.
- Applies knowledge of the local mental health system and collaborates with partners such as Coordinated Care Organizations, Department of Human Services, Wraparound principals, school districts, hospitals, and other mental health providers.
- Provides case management and coordinates referrals to community resources. Assists clients with completion of necessary paperwork to facilitate access to services.
Education and Work Experience:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
- Master’s level degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field.
- Experience in a mental health setting providing therapy to children and families.
- Must be able to meet QMHP requirements under State of Oregon MHDD Division’s Administrative rules.
- Bilingual in Spanish, both written and spoken
- Current Oregon or other state Licensed Mental Health Professional
- Two years direct treatment experience with children and/or adolescents in a mental health setting
- Pass a DHS criminal history background
- If driving for position, must meet agency driving requirement
Starting Pay Range: $46,592 - $60,549 ($22.40 - $29.11 per hour)
***SIGN ON BONUS OF $1,000 AVAILABLE!!! $500 to be paid upon hire and $500 upon 90 days of employment.***
Why join us?
- Benefits and Perks – Extensive benefit package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Company provided Life and Long-Term Disability. Paid vacation and sick time. Transportation stipend for employees working at our downtown location.
- We make a difference in our community – At Morrison we provide a comprehensive continuum of mental health, substance abuse and prevention and education services for youth, from birth through age 21. We work with families and communities to make a difference in every child’s life.
Program: Outpatient Services
Morrison Child and Family Services delivers specialized clinic-based outpatient services to children, ages birth through 18. At the core of our work is a deep respect for the complexity of human nature and human needs–we guide children and their families through difficult issues by creating tailored treatment plans to address individuals needs and cultural backgrounds. Our programs recognize and respect cultural differences and support the growth of children and adolescents so that their ability to succeed in school and in life is enhanced.
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
- Equity - Assuring all can survive and thrive
Visit our website to learn more about our mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
At Morrison we celebrate diversity. Through our commitment to equity and inclusion, we support our communities to move beyond disparity and oppression and work with compassion, integrity, and dedication to social justice through the implementation of goals and policies. We strive to create an inclusive and anti-racist organization by ensuring that racial identity will not determine or predict the quality of trauma-informed care a child receives; to that effect, we’re looking for candidates who can provide culturally-appropriate care or possess the ability to hold each other and yourself accountable to the diversity and uniqueness of all individuals within Morrison, our clients and our community stakeholders.
External Candidate Process: Please visit: www.morrisonkids.org/careers anp
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We will keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest!
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.